Ecoboost Owner Forums

Manual Paddle Mode - Chime in on how it works

2013 PP .....

When in S mode and using the paddles sometimes it will shift for me and sometimes it will not. Trying to figure out what determines whether it does or not. Today I turned off traction control (hold for 5 secs) and put the car in S (super!) and pulled out of the parking lot. Immediately merged onto the freeway and put the hammer down. Car bounced off the limiter until I shifted for 1st and then 2nd.

Sometimes with the same circumstances above, the car will shift on its own and when I shift I jump from 1-3.

So.... what determines whether it will hold the gear or shift?

^^^ Relevant to my interests. I've sort of got the 1-3 shift thing figured out. For me, I think it's because I trigger the shift just after the computer decides to do the 1-2 shift.... so I think I'm doing the 1-2, but the computer has already started that, and I'm actually triggering the 2-3.

The rest of it, I don't know. Mine has always done 1-2 for me.

2013 PP .....

When in S mode and using the paddles sometimes it will shift for me and sometimes it will not. Trying to figure out what determines whether it does or not. Today I turned off traction control (hold for 5 secs) and put the car in S (super!) and pulled out of the parking lot. Immediately merged onto the freeway and put the hammer down. Car bounced off the limiter until I shifted for 1st and then 2nd.

Sometimes with the same circumstances above, the car will shift on its own and when I shift I jump from 1-3.

So.... what determines whether it will hold the gear or shift?

Boggus Bad News. 2010-2012 SHO would hold a shift until you hit the rev limiter(but not shift) and rev match on down shift. but in 2013 Ford change the up shift. Now the trans will shiftas you hit 100 to 200rmp before rev limit. Sorry!

Boggus Bad News. 2010-2012 SHO would hold a shift until you hit the rev limiter(but not shift) and rev match on down shift. but in 2013 Ford change the up shift. Now the trans will shiftas you hit 100 to 200rmp before rev limit. Sorry!

shoman04, the problem Boggus is having is: sometimes it shifts and sometimes it bounces off the rev limiter when configured the exact same way, and he is trying to determine why.

I have not been able to hit the rev limiter (non PP) but it will go from 1-3 if I wait a split second too long to manually shift in S mode. If I leave it alone it shifts correctly all the time.

I tested last night and I was bouncing the hell off the limiter and it did not shift out of 1st. I was in track mode (hold brake and traction control for about 5 sec) and held it to the floor. At the next light I gave it about 90% throttle and after a light bang off the limiter it shifted. So I'm not sure if throttle position matters in how it acts.