Ecoboost Owner Forums

Installed PPE Engineering downpipes

The install went easy, and you don't have to remove the sway bar end-link unless you use ramps or a drive-on lift.

The hardest part was disconnecting and reconnecting the pre-cat o2 sensor plug on the rear bank (having small hands would help here).

I did remove the right tire to get to the turbo bolts easier.

Old pipes with factory dents, and new ones.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2344[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2345[/ATTACH]

Pipes installed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2346[/ATTACH]

Belly pan installed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2347[/ATTACH]

Front with oil filter adapter for oil pressure switch visible.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2348[/ATTACH]

post-895-142532296558_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532296567_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532296576_thumb.jpg

post-895-14253229658_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532296584_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532296558_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532296567_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532296576_thumb.jpg

post-895-14253229658_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532296584_thumb.jpg

So? Thoughts? Sound? Power? Tell us what you think of them. (although it occurs to me that you are probably out right now discovering all that as I type this) Hope you are enjoying them!

Haven't driven it much (other things needed to get done), but it does seem to have a little more power the more I drive it.

Also it has the stock tune so that I can get my 5000 mile oil change at dealer on Monday, just loaded before the pipe switch.

It is slightly louder, but something "happened" to my third cat. :tongue:

I'll report later, once I can do an apples to apples test. Although it will only be SOTP.

why does in inlet pipe diameter on picture 2 seem so much smaller on the new downpipe?

they otherwise look fantastic.

With the carbon it was hard to tell in the original pictures, but I took better pictures here of the original pipes. You can see how it necks down quickly to the smaller opening.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2349[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2350[/ATTACH]

post-895-142532292292_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532292297_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532292292_thumb.jpg

post-895-142532292297_thumb.jpg

With the carbon it was hard to tell in the original pictures, but I took better pictures here of the original pipes. You can see how it necks down quickly to the smaller opening.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2349[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2350[/ATTACH]

Very VERY Nice. What's PPE price? I know there was a pre-order but I couldn't order then , hope the 2nd order will be about the same or less price.

Very VERY Nice. What's PPE price? I know there was a pre-order but I couldn't order then ' date=' hope the 2nd order will be about the same or less price.[/quote']

It was $800 catted with the pre-order, I think they are the same price as Livernois now, but you might want to check.

both PPE Engineering and Livernois are sponsors on the forum.

• 3 weeks later...
Are you running the stock exhaust with your downpipes? I understand you kept the stock mufflers but changed the 3rd cat for an x-pipe?

I had bought the greyhound X-pipe but didn't like the construction. The third cat had smoother transitions, so now it's hollow.

It is the stock exhaust but with the catted downpipes and hollowed third cat it sounds good. The CEL hasn't come on, so the ECU must like the new cats.

What did you use for the oil pressure sensor? I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get a gauge set up on my 2013 without risking failure.

I used an oil filter adapter since I didn't see an easy place to tap into an existing port. The adapter is an M22X1.5, here's a link to the one that I purchased:

What did you use for the oil pressure sensor? I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get a gauge set up on my 2013 without risking failure.
I used an oil filter adapter since I didn't see an easy place to tap into an existing port. The adapter is an M22X1.5' date=' here's a link to the one that I purchased:

It seems like this is working out for you. Have you been concerned with it coming off? I presume it just screws in place of the oil filter, and then the oil filter screws into it? I don't do my own oil changes so I'm a bit nervous of them accidentally unscrewing the whole thing. Is there a safety lock or anything?

Did you have to shave/grind anything to get this in there?

At first I was a little concerned, but the torque required to remove the oil filter is less than the torque applied to the attaching nut, plus you could also put some Locktite on the threads inside the sleeve of the attaching nut for added security. The attachment nut is really no different than the removable threaded section for the oil filter on some engine blocks.

No grinding required, just plug the extra ports not used with the included threaded plugs.