Ecoboost Owner Forums

Extended warranty CNA versus Ford

My 2010 now has 35500 miles on it and I am considering an extended warranty. Having owned previous SHO's I know I'm going to come out ahead. My warranty on my 93 was $2600 and I had over $13000 worth of warranty work done. Mainly a new a/c every summer. So my question is does any have any experience with CNA? My dealer has quoted me $1800 for their top warranty to cover the car out to 100000 miles. I think Ford warranty for some period was going to run $2800 or so. The dealer says they do all work on either warranty with factory parts, but I have never dealt with CNA before. Also does anyone know if the Ford warranty prices are negotiable? Are there better prices? My car is currently in the shop as they are looking into a transmission clunk, which is of course covered by a TSA but they can't reproduce so don't want to fix but I would like to make a decision before I pick it up because I know that last 500 miles of warranty will disappear fast.

I purchased a 7/100,000 warranty on my 2011 Mustang from Flood Ford, on line. They are by far the cheapest around, and they provide outstanding service. I cancelled the warranty when I traded in the Mustang on the SHO, and received my refund within ten days. This the FORD ESP, bumper to bumper. I paid $1180. There were several folks on the Mustang Source Forum who purchased this warranty. I am not sure what the SHO would be, but they are worth checking out. Here is the contact I used:

gardiner@floodfordesp.com

I purchased a 7/100' date='000 warranty on my 2011 Mustang from Flood Ford, on line. They are by far the cheapest around, and they provide outstanding service. I cancelled the warranty when I traded in the Mustang on the SHO, and received my refund within ten days. This the FORD ESP, bumper to bumper. I paid $1180. There were several folks on the Mustang Source Forum who purchased this warranty. I am not sure what the SHO would be, but they are worth checking out. Here is the contact I used: [email']gardiner@floodfordesp.com[/email]

question many people and rightly so say if you Mod you car then Ford stock warranty should not pay for something the Mods broke. Well extended warranty cover Eng or Tran or what ever you pay for(even if MODDED) or will it only cover stock warranty items?

For shoman04: The 7/100 Bumper to Bumper I had through Ford ESP, was an extension of the factory warranty. It covered everything covered in the original 3/36, for 7/100. I don't know of any warranty that will cover your mods or damage sustained through the installation of those mods.

Tried to post a quote from #4, but all was getting was a blank box with ALERT in the left top corner..

For shoman04: The 7/100 Bumper to Bumper I had through Ford ESP' date=' was an extension of the factory warranty. It covered everything covered in the original 3/36, for 7/100. I don't know of any warranty that will cover your mods or damage sustained through the installation of those mods. Tried to post a quote from #4, but all was getting was a blank box with ALERT in the left top corner..[/quote']

Thanks. I have seen warranty that are not warranty but insurances and if you have eng. covered then you go to a shop pay your deductible and the insurance pay the rest.

Thanks for all the replies. This is way cheaper than my dealer quoted me, and I would much rather have the Ford Esp than an aftermarket warranty. If I take the $50 deductible instead of $0 it will be $900 less than the dealer quote.