Ecoboost Owner Forums

Oil Pressure

I finally got my oil pressure gauge hooked up today.

When at idle (700RPM ish) the gauge was only reading 10psi. As soon as some revs are added, the pressure jumps up immediately.

This is on a '13 with less than 4000 miles. Prosport Evo gauge with the sender that came with it installed with the adapter prosport sells.

Why so low at idle? There's no way that's normal... right? Or is that just something that happens with the sender installed using the oil filter adapter. Is it possible that I attached the wires to the wrong terminals on the sender?

Thanks in advance.

I finally got my oil pressure gauge hooked up today. When at idle (700RPM ish) the gauge was only reading 10psi. As soon as some revs are added' date=' the pressure jumps up immediately. This is on a '13 with less than 4000 miles. Prosport Evo gauge with the sender that came with it installed with the adapter prosport sells. Why so low at idle? There's no way that's normal... right? Or is that just something that happens with the sender installed using the oil filter adapter. Is it possible that I attached the wires to the wrong terminals on the sender? Thanks in advance. [/quote']

That sounds right to me. Once warmed up oil pressure at idle is very low, but at WOT I see nearly 100psi.

Okay... I just wasn't ready for 10psi warm at idle.

I did hit high 90's under WOT.

Thanks Crash

I'm sorry sideoiler, as sit in my car right now idling my oil pressure is at 25psi. I new it was on the low side, so I retract my statement of 10psi normal. Perhaps the sender is faulty or gauge isn't properly calibrated.

When the engine is only turning 700 RPM the oil pump isnt turning that fast ether since its driven by the engine and not a electric motor. some cars register 0 on the gauge when hot also. the oil is still flowing just not enough to show on the gauge. It has to do with the calibration in the gauge. #10 sounds perfect to me on our cars