Ecoboost Owner Forums

burning oil smell

Welcome & congrats & sorry you are having problems already. Do you know the service history (oil change/transmission fluid change/etc)? Could be a loose oil cap/filter, or oil leaking past turbo seals (that one seems unlikely for cabin smell tho). Post this question over at http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com where everybody hangs out these days, get a quicker/better response there.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my PTU go bad (well, oil was coming out of the vent cap on top) and that oil was dripping down and landing on one of the exhaust pipes and burning and then was being sucked into the cabin. I remember seeing an oily residue on the cabin air filter when I changed it shortly after having the dealership install a new PTU.

• 1 month later...

I had my PTU go bad (well' date=' oil was coming out of the vent cap on top) and that oil was dripping down and landing on one of the exhaust pipes and burning and then was being sucked into the cabin. I remember seeing an oily residue on the cabin air filter when I changed it shortly after having the dealership install a new PTU.[/quote']

I just had my PTU serviced too! They said it was leaking and the replaced a gasket (45k miles). I was also noticing the smell of burning oil inside my car. I still do, so I don't know if some of the leaked oil still has to burn off?