Ecoboost Owner Forums

New SHO owner. First one! Not the last!

TomToro

I just picked up my sho and it's awesome. I bought it as a daily driver. I have a corvette stored that I only take out on special occasions so I'm used to great speed off the line. I was blown away by the Taurus, how fast it is off the line or from a 20 roll or even a 60 roll, It handles extremely well and corners flat. Much smoother ride than the vette, but they're different animals. However a lot closer to each other than I ever thought.

Very happy with it so far and I'm looking forward to reading the stories you guys write on this forum.

Thanks! I got the 2014 sho with ecoboost 3.5l v6. I don't thing I got the performance package cause it doesn't say it on the sticker. I'm kinda bummed about that, but it still feels quick and has a solid suspension. I live in michigan so I'm looking forward to the AWD this winter. It's got the 20" mach/low gloss ebony wheels that look a little different than the signature wheels. I like the signature wheels better, but this car had everything else I wanted. Its Dark side metallic. Looks different in different lighting.

​I think it might be the 'old man's sho because it has tons of safety options like parking itself and driver assist warnings lol!. It even shakes the steering wheel if I wander out of my lane too much to wake me up.

Thanks for the reply!

NewSHO242_zpsb01726b6.jpg

Welcome & congrats! What year SHO did you get, did you get the Performance Package? AWD really adds to the capabilities of this beast, and stack a tune on top of that ... Wowza!

BTW, most of the activity regarding this generation of SHO is over on http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com. But still good info can be found on here via SEARCH from the Forums/Main page.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks LM! You are right. I told them I needed the all season tires that included the active cruise (very cool by the way) so I must not have gotten the sport package. I do get some good response when I shift to S. I'm going to have to read up on what it's really doing besides holding the gear until a higher rpm.