Ecoboost Owner Forums

How many miles between oil changes on a 2013 F-150 EcoBoost?

I have a 2013 SuperCrew with about 21,000 miles. It's doing great and preforms well at every task given it. I plan to continue using the recommended synthetic blend oil and need to have some feedback on what others are doing on oil change frequencies. I plan to go with 7,500 miles as I tow some but otherwise fall in the light duty catagory.

If you are keeping the vehicle stock, won't go wrong with the Mfr recommended intervals for OC. A lot of people end up tuning their EBs, and they go full synthetic with OC at 5K intervals. If you have an Oil Life Monitor, you could use that as well, with 7,500 miles being your outside interval.

Thanks SHOdded, I plan to keep it stock. The truck is doing a fine job and has plenty of all I need in a pickup just like it is. I will stay with the 7,500 miles and monitor the Oil Life information as well.

I have been told the light fiber shield that goes under the transmission is necessary and shouldn't be eliminated. I know the (4) 1/2 turn wing bolts that hold it up have come partially loose a couple of times. I had to slide under it and re-secure the wingbolts. I tried drilling them so I could safety wire them but those suckers are VERY hard! Is it your opinion that shield is necessary?

Those shields serve 4 purposes: keeping debris from hitting the oil pan/engine, keeping your engine bay from getting dirty, controlling air flow within the engine bay (think temps in the engine bay) and maintaining aerodynamics of the vehicle (i.e., mpg). So the ideal thing would be to keep the shield on. People may have come up with alternatives to secure the shield, I do not remember offhand, but I am sure you are not alone in facing this issue!

Thanks again for your thoughts and input. I moved down from a Super Duty 250 this time. 99% of the time I didn't use the 250 for anything this truck wouldn't do better. I put 360,000 miles on the 250 with NO trouble. I hope I can get similar service from this one. So far I have been very pleased with and enjoying this truck, it's ability, the comfort, and the convenience!

I personally am not a fan of blended oils. It may work fine for you for many miles but I couldn't figure out what the reason for a blended oil. I'm not sure if it says how much synthetic oul is in there in the first p[lace.Conventional oils are much better than the old days but syntactic oil is much better If you drive it on the highway most of the time than you could easely go 10,000 on a oil change. The oil monitor system calculates this for you. I do however right down the mileage every time I change my oil.

Thanks "The Bone". I only use the blend because that's what Ford recommended. The service manager at my Ford dealership said they had a service bulliten from Ford suggesting use of nothing but FoMoCo oil and filters. A HUGE part of me believes that's because Ford owns that product name, although they most likely have nothing to do with producing it! I too have had great success with "Dinosaur Oil" over the years and believe the named brands of oil are better than they were years ago.

• 9 months later...