Ecoboost Owner Forums

Newbie - first post

Greetings from Florida. I recently purchased a 67k mile 2010 SHO and so far I'm beyond impressed with the car and the technology crammed into it. I've bounced all over reading this and that but I'd like fresh answers. As a long term Ford enthusiast I was looking for something different and totally forgot about the SHO until I ran across one and fell instantly in love with it.

I've done some searching and so far I know the original owner was in Maryland and judging from what service records I've seen thus far, he appears to be an enthusiast and not just a regular type of owner. His name is Harry Skruch from near Baltimore and I'm wondering if anyone here knows of him and/or the car.

So far it appears the car is one of 368 Atlantic Green SHO's. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've read that this color (UL) was only offered on the SHO and only in 2010 and there were 368 produced. I've yet to obtain an authenticity certificate but do plan to do so.

The car is a rapid spec 402a pkg with ACC, voice activated nav, multi-contoured seat, 20" 5 spoke wheels, cali emissions, front license brkt and 245/45R20 v-rated tires as options listed on the original sticker. It is a non - PP car but being a diesel guy I like the taller gear and especially wouldn't have given up ACC had I ordered it. It's almost as if I ordered the car myself.

I'm surprised these cars are obtainable at the going prices and have already thought of buying a second one before they're all ragged out...and I'm surprised they're not worth more than they are currently. I have to say I'm impressed with the amenities and technology. The car is a blast to drive and to me, sexy looking. Of course I've already got a list of mods whirling around my brain and I'm marinating on those - from cosmetic to performance - so I have some questions....I have searched but looking for recent answers.

Is there somewhere that breaks down production numbers by color then by options? I've searched but not found.

Is Livernois the way to go for a tuner?

Will the LED tail lights from the '13 fit?

Has anybody painted a grille and surround the body color of the car and if so, the spear between the tail lights and also the emblems? I'm not a chrome fan and am still mulling over what to do with the trim around the windows. I don't want to de-badge it so I'm thinking of body color painting them. Not interested in the blacked out stuff but rather body color if anyone has done it.

The only thing that doesn't work is the rear shade. It makes noise back there when the button is pushed but doesn't move. It's currently in the stowed position.

Bass rattle back yonder. I've read different things but came to no definitive solution. What, for the love of god, is it?

I'll start here and hopefully get some answers and a direction to head in. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the community, and congrats on your new ride!  Don't believe I have heard of the previous owner, though many are the "strong, silent" types :) on forums.

2010 colors breakdown was apparently:

Production
Total Production: 7114

- Cinnamon Clearcoat Metallic – 199
 - Candy Red Metallic – 1518
 - White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat – 1064
 - Tuxedo Black Metallic Clearcoat – 2594
 - Atlantis Green Metallic – 368
 - Steel Blue Metallic – 301
 - Ingot Silver Metallic – 1070

You have to replace the trunklid in addition to the lights to get the 2013 look onto 2010-12 SHOs.  Somewhat prohibitive in cost.

Plastidip is the "easiest" way to hide the chrome, otherwise there is vinyl wrap and actual paint/powdercoat.  If you paint, def apply at least a couple of layers of clearcoat to preserve, unless going for a matte look.  Not recommended to remove trim around windows, it's rather fragile.

The motor for the rear shade likely has a broken tooth.  Can be repaired, possibly, but replacing is best fix.

Check the headliner in the rear for that "bass rattle".  Might be fixable with some foam padding securely applied.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What's the difference in PP and ACC?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PP-Performance pkg : comes with a 3.16:1 axle ratio (front and rear) and defeatable stability control.

Acc- adaptive cruise control : comes with radar based distance sensing/ maintaining cruise control. Is not availing with the PP pkg.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk