Ecoboost Owner Forums

My car looks like crap, my taillights are flaking real bad all of a sudden and FORD doesnt want to replace them for me since my car has 55,000 miles.. I guess this is a bitch and rant because I know everyone is having problems with their taillights. I guess I have to shovel over a bunch of money to get new ones on my 2 year old car.

Peel off the chrome, tape off the light, hit the edges with plastidip. Or get some touch up paint (spray can from paintscratch.com), hit the edge up with adhesion promotor, then the body color spray, then clearcoat after that.

Much, much, cheaper than dishing out for a new set. Also, it's not hard to do...

My car looks like crap' date=' my taillights are flaking real bad all of a sudden and FORD doesnt want to replace them for me since my car has 55,000 miles.. I guess this is a bitch and rant because I know everyone is having problems with their taillights. I guess I have to shovel over a bunch of money to get new ones on my 2 year old car.[/quote']

here is what mine look like with plasti dip Black you can get it at homedepot the can is about $7 and tape is about the same price i got more pictures on my page.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]525[/ATTACH]

post-301-142532286942_thumb.jpg

post-301-142532286944_thumb.jpg

post-301-142532286942_thumb.jpg

post-301-142532286944_thumb.jpg

If your set on chrome Tony' date=' I wonder how some 3m vinyl chrome film would work.[/quote']

The chrome vinyl doesnt seem to last very long in an outdoor environment, especially in such a thin strip that would be around a tail light like that.

Archived