Ecoboost Owner Forums

Explorer Sport V-6 EcoBoost Can now be ordered!

EcoBrick Bob

I just got an e-mail from a friend who ordered their Explorer Sport EB 3.5 today. I also promoted this site... welcomed him to sign up (if he hasn't already) and sent him a link. Know he would be a valuable asset to our forum.

Not sure if Explorer Sport production has actually started, but we should be seeing these at dealers shortly.

The engine from what I understand is the same as SHO & Flex. Only possible difference would be the exhaust. Since my exhaust is almost the same as a SHOs, except for length, and the Explorer & Taurus share the same WB & platform, they too should be similar. The biggest difference is the vehicle height and weight. Explorer AWD weighs around 5,200 lbs, the Flex around 4,800 lbs and SHO around 4,400 lbs.

While I really like the styling of an Explorer, there are several things I would miss in my Flex. #1. the adjustability and extra room between the 3 rows of seating. #2 the neutral interior, & #3. the lower stance with car like handling using H & R's, lighter wheels/tires & Michelin Pilot Super Sport summer tires.

Archived