Ecoboost Owner Forums

Scratches in Clear Coat

He'll be alright, been in paint for fords for 25yrs. Every show car we do we heavily polish with DA's with wool pads and then finish with random orbital polishers on foam white pads. We use to wet sand the whole car and polish, but we can achieve the same wave scan readings doing this way. But with all that said this only applies to persons that are experienced in doing such work.

I had the same thing when I picked up my car. They brought it outside in the sun and it was heavily swirled. They wanted to polish it but I refused thinking they would do a poor job, they gave me 300 dollars off and I went to work when I got home. Using a porter cable and Meguairs M105 and 205 with a variety of pads ranging from wool to a polishing pad all the swirls were removed. This took me along time with the porter cable but the results were stunning.

I feel good that this guy has a lot of experience with this sort of thing. Unfortunately, what I have is more than swirl marks so I feel like its better to let a professional handle it. The good news is I got an extended warranty out of the whole deal. I'm hoping to drop it off this week to get it done.

Archived