Ecoboost Owner Forums

2013 Livernois Tune on its way

stixx2002

Just ordered the Livernois tune yesterday, and it looks like it should be on my doorstep today. From what I have seen, it appears I have to connect the device to the car, extract a code and send it to Livernois via email. I would assume they then send me a file that I upload to the device. Hopefully I will be ready for a test drive by the weekend.

Will report back with progress.....

Just ordered the Livernois tune yesterday, and it looks like it should be on my doorstep today. From what I have seen, it appears I have to connect the device to the car, extract a code and send it to Livernois via email. I would assume they then send me a file that I upload to the device. Hopefully I will be ready for a test drive by the weekend.

Will report back with progress.....

That's the procedure, though I just drove mine down there and had Rick do it..... You are going to love it. Remember, with push button start, when you are prompted to turn the car to the on position, press and hold the start button for about 10 seconds (do NOT press the brake while doing this).

Well here's something weird. The programmer never seems to finish. It seems to upload the tune fine, then it asks me to turn the ignition off, then hit the "Y" button, then turn the car to "on" and hit the "y" button, then it programs the car again. IT will just do this over and over. Maybe I just need to unplug it after it asks me to turn the ignition off, but I would have assumed to have a screen state "disconnect programmer" or something to that effect.

I make sure radio and climate are turned to off before loading anything. Are the wipers in "Off" position or on the rain sensing feature (which looks like intermittent)? Double check that.

Yep - everything was off. During the tune process wipers and defrosters turned on by themselves. Also, my Sync system completely reboot/reset. Not a very pleasant and successful process. For $600, I would have hoped the bugs were worked out.

Hey I am still having the same issues. I returned mine to stock this morning, and when I went to reprogram it I got 18 DCT errors, and an error 6B unresponsive computer. I eventually got the 93 PERF tune back on successfully. There is an issue they are working on. All I can tell you is what I did:

Open door, hit button once, hit second time holding it down for 10 seconds. Make sure radio, climate, auto lights and wipers are turned off. Install the tune, it will go to 100% then tell you turn off ignition, turn on ignition. Then it will write again to 50% and prompt again to turn off/turn on. If it fails let it reprogram back to stock, shut everything off and open the door, then close the door and try again. Its a pain, but it will load eventually and they will figure it out. Good luck. Oh and you want to get it on the car because the change is significant!

Hey I am still having the same issues. I returned mine to stock this morning, and when I went to reprogram it I got 18 DCT errors, and an error 6B unresponsive computer. I eventually got the 93 PERF tune back on successfully. There is an issue they are working on. All I can tell you is what I did:

Open door, hit button once, hit second time holding it down for 10 seconds. Make sure radio, climate, auto lights and wipers are turned off. Install the tune, it will go to 100% then tell you turn off ignition, turn on ignition. Then it will write again to 50% and prompt again to turn off/turn on. If it fails let it reprogram back to stock, shut everything off and open the door, then close the door and try again. Its a pain, but it will load eventually and they will figure it out. Good luck. Oh and you want to get it on the car because the change is significant!

Did Livernois provide you with this procedure (door open, door close, etc) or did you somehow figure this out on your own?

Dont fret! Some of the ECMs have "quirks" for lack of a better term that make tuning more difficult. My SHO went pretty smooth, but when I did I Mustang I ended up leaving it with a tuner. He was on and off the phone with SCT all day before he could get it to update.

Be patient the guys at Livernois will figure out it!

Archived