Ecoboost Owner Forums

Romoving All BADGES from my car.

How do I remove the Taurus, SHO and Ecoboost emblems from the rear... and if the sticky goo is left, how to safely romove that without removing paint or other damage.

Also, I could have sworn I saw someone with a "SHO" Emblem replacing the ford one in the front. Anyone know where I can get that? And Is there one for the ford oval in the rear?

Thanks for any help.

Best way is to use Fish line to take off the badge and letters. Just run it right underneath. After you have done this, there will be the backing/adhesive still stuck to the car.

You can use a lot of elbow grease and some cleaner to take it off.

You can also search through threads I started and there is a stripper wheel that will take off the adhesive in a matter of minutes by hooking it up to a drill and using it at low speed. It's very handy and takes no time at all. Without it you will be spending at least an hour scrubbing the adhesive off of the vehicle. Hope that helps.

gently warm the badge with a heat gun, or hair dryer. Dont over do it.

Using fishing line, or dental floss, gentley saw with a back and fourth motion like you are cleaning your teeth thru the double sided tape. carefull not to saw on the paint.

When the badge comes off, you will have a thin layer of double sided tape on the car still. Just roll it off with your finger.

Finally, use some "GOO GONE" and remove any left over adhesive.

Wax if desired.

gently warm the badge with a heat gun, or hair dryer. Dont over do it.

Using fishing line, or dental floss, gentley saw with a back and fourth motion like you are cleaning your teeth thru the double sided tape. carefull not to saw on the paint.

When the badge comes off, you will have a thin layer of double sided tape on the car still. Just roll it off with your finger.

Finally, use some "GOO GONE" and remove any left over adhesive.

Wax if desired.

Make sure to WAX if you do use Goo Gone. You can use it and it most likely won't damage the cars exterior clear coat. But just put a layer of wax back on the car after you've cleaned up the area.

When I moved my badges I just used bug & tar remover to get rid of the residue after getting the badges off with monofilament. It took a bit of time and some work but it didn't hurt the paint. Also after all the residue was removed, I went over the entire area with a clay bar and then paint cleaner before re-applying the badging. I didn't want to risk hurting the finish so IMHO it wasn't worth the little time saved to use a heat gun or some harsh chemical...when a little extra rubbing did the job with no damage to the finish.

When I moved my badges I just used bug & tar remover to get rid of the residue after getting the badges off with monofilament. It took a bit of time and some work but it didn't hurt the paint. Also after all the residue was removed' date=' I went over the entire area with a clay bar and then paint cleaner before re-applying the badging. I didn't want to risk hurting the finish so IMHO it wasn't worth the little time saved to use a heat gun or some harsh chemical...when a little extra rubbing did the job with no damage to the finish.[/quote']

Thanks for all the advice but i think I'll go this route or the route with the stripping wheel. The heat gun thing scares me as i am half a spaz and will probably ruin my paint.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2