Ecoboost Owner Forums

2013 SHO with PP...I can't get it into "full track mode" a little help please

I have this semi private one lane road i take every day. It's a big wide 90 degree right hander, on smooth as silk asphalt. I take it every day going to work.

The last few mornings I have beenworking on gettig the power down mid apex, and drifting out. But no matter what I do, the electricle "nanies" keep cutting power.

per the manual....I have tried each of the following...all while sitting still and foot on the brake. in the secret compartment by the shifter....

#1...press the traction controll button one time. I get "traction control off message" but when i hit the corner, its like nothing had changed. The car still tries to save me from myself right away.

#2...press the tracttion controll button twice in a row. I get "traction control off message" but now when i hit the corner, I get slight wheel spin. Then the car tries to save me from myself.

#3...press the tracttion controll button for 5 continuous seconds. I get "traction control off message"...now I can break all 4 tires loose, but right when i am ready to keep the hammer down and power out of the corner, the "nanies" cut power and tries to save me from my self.

I thought #3 was supposed to be a full "off" or "track mode" where i can do smokey 4 wheel drifts all I want.

Any 2013 owners have an insight?

The one press option is just "reduced" traction control.

When you press the brake and double tap the traction button it should come up on your screen that you are in "AdvancTrac Sport Mode" which allows for some more slip.

When you press the break hold the traction button for 5+ seconds you should get a message that says "AdvancTrac Off" and that is you on your own.

Are you seeing these messings come up when your trying the modes. Also if you are properly getting into the modes it make the cars Torque vectoring thats holding you back. Since it uses the brakes to transfer torque to the wheels with traction.

The one press option is just "reduced" traction control.

When you press the brake and double tap the traction button it should come up on your screen that you are in "AdvancTrac Sport Mode" which allows for some more slip.

When you press the break hold the traction button for 5+ seconds you should get a message that says "AdvancTrac Off" and that is you on your own.

Are you seeing these messings come up when your trying the modes. Also if you are properly getting into the modes it make the cars Torque vectoring thats holding you back. Since it uses the brakes to transfer torque to the wheels with traction.

yes, i am seeing these messgaes as i do it.

The warning light is constantly on. And in each case (altough at different times) I can see an additional light come on letting me know when the car is doing something to hold it back (as well as feal the throttle cut)

Is the tourque vectoring supposed to stay active? I thought that when i did the 5 second routine, as you said i was on my own for everything.

While I have yet to introduce myself, I mess with this feature often and understand the confusion. My car doesnt work exactly like it says in the manual because it never actually states "sport" mode.

I have a 2013 w/PP. The messages I see on the display are such:

One press - Traction Control off on left (right hand dash light lit). AdvanceTrac remains active.

Two quick presses - Traction Control off flashes quickly on left, as if it went on and off but the right hand TC light remains lit. This is what I assume is "Sport Mode"

This video shows TC going on and off as usual, and then the quick two presses.

[video=youtube_share;G8Ci2dk59j4]http://youtu.be/G8Ci2dk59j4

Brake + 5 second press - AdvanceTrac off on left, right TC light illuminates.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1188[/ATTACH]

There is a definite difference between AdvanceTrack on or off, but the "sport mode" seems virtually the same as normal.

post-832-142532288635_thumb.jpg

post-832-142532288635_thumb.jpg

yes, i am seeing these messgaes as i do it.

The warning light is constantly on. And in each case (altough at different times) I can see an additional light come on letting me know when the car is doing something to hold it back (as well as feal the throttle cut)

Is the tourque vectoring supposed to stay active? I thought that when i did the 5 second routine, as you said i was on my own for everything.

I think the torque vectoring is supposed to stay on since its takes place of a true LSD. When you hold the brake and the traction button for 5 seconds there should not be any blinking lights. If your still getting the blinking light you not tuning off advancetrac.

I thought I read someone where that the system never truly shuts off. Also our AWD system it only allows so much wheel spin before it will over ride and shut down. So in other words' date=' the car can not be driven like in the commercials.[/quote']

Only Non-PP SHO can't turn off traction control completely. And AWD will all you to drive like the commercial if you throw the car into the corners like Carl Edwards did. We can't oversteer on dry pavement like Evo's and STi's because or AWD system isn't setup like that.

If I'm remembering correctly even in the Carl Edward's videos he wasn't able to hammer it and drive out of the drift. Most of the clips are of him in the middle or going in to the drift. Some of the blooper shots show him almost coming to a stop out of the drift so I question if it will do it.

2013 SHO w/PP has the option to completely turn it off. I have only used Sport mode, at Brainerd Raceway. I notice I could drive the car harder into the turns with less computer intervention, I also noticed(lol) the car wasn't correcting my errors as much.... so since the car only had a couple thousand miles on it and few nice retaining walls at the track... I did turn it completely off... also track was wet...lol

I am kind of hesitant to use the completely off mode, until I get more familiar with the car......

Actually, and I can vouch for mac98sho personally as I was in the psgr seat during his passes on BIR.....

He's an excellent, EXCELLENT driver :hail:

Even though his '13 PP SHO was relatively new to him (at that time) he piloted that beast around the track like it was old hat to him.

Holy cow what an INCREDIBLE ride!

Many of the turns (if not most of them) were taken at high velocity's and the vehicle (and it's pilot) performed flawlessly.

Thanks again Scott for a wonderful, wonderful memory and what was certainly a highlight of the 21st Nat'l SHO Convention that I won't soon forget, for a long time to come.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
I think the torque vectoring is supposed to stay on since its takes place of a true LSD. When you hold the brake and the traction button for 5 seconds there should not be any blinking lights. If your still getting the blinking light you not tuning off advancetrac.

I've actually had this same experience while driving. After turning advancetrac (Depress the break and hold the TC button down and Yes I see the message that says that it's off), I'll go around a corner, try to induce a power slide and will see the Flashing icon just to the left of the traction control icon on the bottom right of the panel, and the car powers down to get the slide under control. I have a '13 PP so I should be able to turn this off completely.

I've actually had this same experience while driving. After turning advancetrac (Depress the break and hold the TC button down and Yes I see the message that says that it's off), I'll go around a corner, try to induce a power slide and will see the Flashing icon just to the left of the traction control icon on the bottom right of the panel, and the car powers down to get the slide under control. I have a '13 PP so I should be able to turn this off completely.

You are holding the button down for 5 seconds, and seeing "Advance Trac Off" message?

• 4 months later...