Ecoboost Owner Forums

Finally happened...

Scrming

Went out to Lapeer today... was like 34 degrees!! 2nd pass I scared the crap out of my buddies... yep, the ECU shut the Flex down! This is the first time I had experience it! I had witnessed it before and of course read about it here so I wasn't worried... Rest of my runs had the TC light blinking quite a way down the track! Even the buddies commented on how far down the track I was with the tires spinning a bit!

So I captured the shutdown on VIDEO! LOL

[video=youtube;nCptxhLaiME]

Got some other videos that I'm working on...

Scrming you are just wrong' date=' Making that Mustang driver check under his dress to see if all he's pony's are still there!!!!!!!LOL[/quote']

LOL!

In all fairness, my buddy has switched his attention from drag racing to autocross and hasn't had the Mustang to a drag strip in a while... So now the challenge is to beat him at autocross in the new ST! LOL

Went out to Lapeer today... was like 34 degrees!! 2nd pass I scared the crap out of my buddies... yep, the ECU shut the Flex down! This is the first time I had experience it! I had witnessed it before and of course read about it here so I wasn't worried... Rest of my runs had the TC light blinking quite a way down the track! Even the buddies commented on how far down the track I was with the tires spinning a bit!

So I captured the shutdown on VIDEO! LOL

[video=youtube;nCptxhLaiME]

Got some other videos that I'm working on...

What would cause such a shutdown??

Man, that just brought back some bad memories. I really did think I blew something up the first time it happened. Glad I stopped you from "pooping" your pants...no fun cleaning that up.

I was planning on meeting you out at Lapeer today, then saw they were closed this morning. Glad I checked before I took time off work and drove up there.

Man, that just brought back some bad memories. I really did think I blew something up the first time it happened. Glad I stopped you from "pooping" your pants...no fun cleaning that up.

I was planning on meeting you out at Lapeer today, then saw they were closed this morning. Glad I checked before I took time off work and drove up there.

Yep, closed today. Ed, the track owner, is being inducted into The Michigan Motorsports Hall of Fame today! Congrats, Ed!

That mustang really launched hard. Awesome to see you simply outpower him down the track. Considering our weight and aerodynamic disadvantages you really have a ton of power there! Is the mustang one of the 300hp 4.6L ones? Was it modded? Just trying to get a feel for where you two were at in relative power to weight ratios. Thanks!

P.S.: Glad you didn't break anything and/or loose bodily function control. :)

That mustang really launched hard. Awesome to see you simply outpower him down the track. Considering our weight and aerodynamic disadvantages you really have a ton of power there! Is the mustang one of the 300hp 4.6L ones? Was it modded? Just trying to get a feel for where you two were at in relative power to weight ratios. Thanks!

P.S.: Glad you didn't break anything and/or loose bodily function control. :)

Not sure all the mods on his Mustang... but his forum sig it says:

2007 Mustang GT/California Special

Best E/T 12.54 @ 107mph

294 RWHP 314 RWTQ

I took this picture a few years ago:

IMG_2877_ni.jpg

And yes, we teased him mercilessly yesterday about loosing to a Flex! LOL