Ecoboost Owner Forums

Car Guys

Paulford8

So I have been driving my beater XR7 but decided to drive the SHO today. I walk out to the picture below. I park WAY WAY out in an overflow lot. Everybody coming into my plant can see your car there, but nobody parks there because the walk is to long. I dont mind the walk one bit.

So two of my car buddies parked way the heck out next to me. The Jeep is a guy with a near perfect Delorian, and a project 1977 TA. The Crown Vic guy has a 1993 SHO, just sold a 1993 Super Coupe and is building a 4V 4.6 out of Mark VIII to give the vic some shock and awe.

Only reason I am posting this pic is because I think it is interesting how car guys pick different DDs. I think our vehicle choices are all cool in there own way. If these were three cars at random I could tell just by looking that these were owned by car guys.

I cant even count how many Honda Civics, Prius, Corolla type cars fill my plants lot. I know most of the car guys at my plant and non of us are driving a Prius or a Civic as our DD.

Just a pointless thought I had today...

IMG_20121121_144909.jpg

Well tss very few park out there... Normally I just park in front of the walk way that takes you into the main lot. Also on that end it isnt even, because of flooding it is angled into a drain. I normally pick the flattest of the spot which happens to be hear the walkway.

Yeah Shoman you the guys and the ones parking at the end of the rows are the hard core ones. On the other side of this aux lot another buddy had his 600hp 10sec Buick Regal. At the end of one of the rows in the main lot we have a GT500 and Roush 427 that always park by each other.

Out here I would walk out and there would still be some idiot who squeezes in the middle spot! I go for end spots as far away as possible but still end up with people parked next to me here! If I offset an end spot it usually invites someone to park over the line into my spot! I swear can't win out here in NY. I already have a ding in the back passenger door and came out to a surface paint mark on the front passenger no damage and rubbed off!

That is one of the reasons I park out in BFN now. First week I had the car I got a nice white streak on the door handle. I used to park at the end of a row several people I knew parked at but guys left and got on different schedules. One day I walked out and didnt recognize anybodies car. The very next day I parked out in the overflow lot.

Sucks about your ding. There are paintless dent removal places around here, normally pretty cheap.