Ecoboost Owner Forums

E & G Classics grille for 2013 SHO???

I have found E&G to make high quality pieces, but sometimes fitment is off and installation can be a bear.

I had E&G fender vent inserts on my 07 Escalade and they looked like new even after 3 MI winters. I had to do some cutting and filing of the product to make them fit right though. Guys with 8th gen Impalas (06-12) report cutting and fitment issues too.

08/09 SHO'S? THEY didnt make sho's those years, first year it came back was 2010,

Funny' date=' I was checking out their website, and they only have grilles for the 08/09 and the 13's...nothing for the 10-12's. Maybe if SHOadded checks out their place he could address the fitment issue with them. It would be interesting to hear what they have to say. Thanks for the input![/quote']

ok my missunderstanding, cause it did say in your comment sho's and i thought maybe there was something that i was unaware of where they did make them in those years, thanks for clearing it up,

ant

Correct but they did make Tauruses in those years! Remember SHO's are nothing more then a sub-model of the Taurus.

In your opinion' date=' then, how would it compare to the fit and finish of the Mobsteel grille? Is it worth chatting up E&G for better fit & finish?[/quote']

I cannot speak to Mobsteel. With the E&G, I think it all depends on the application. It was not much trouble to modify the fender vents on my Cadillac. But, I hear the modifications for the Impala are more involved. I don't know how the modifications are for the Taurus.

Mobsteel has excellent product and fit and finish are very good. The clips they use to hold piece are pretty tough to install, they should be up sprung a bit before using would make install a bit easier. But I used a dowel rod and a mallet, a one good rap and they pop right on. My 2nd replacement lower grill took little modification to get it in, 2 of the slot in where slightly of location. A dremel to open up a little and it fit right in 2mins.