Ecoboost Owner Forums

Differences between our cars and other ford models

1. Why does the F-150 have 70 lb/ft more torque? Just curious....

2. Does anyone know what are the key differences between our cars (part number wise) and the new Interceptors?

My assumption is that the suspension and brakes are very similar if not identical. Weight? Tranny? AWD system etc.

Just curious to know what's different besides the additional sound deadening material on the SHO, obvious interior trim and shifter location...

Just wanted to see if someone out there knew these...

Thanks

Not sure of all the differences but I do know the PI weights a fair amount more because of added parts for strength needed for offensive driving situations encountered in a law enforcement use, also the seats are completely different along with the column mounted shifter. I believe the suspension and brakes are beefier, again because of the law enforcement use. Lastly I believe the front clip is unique to the PI.

Elwood: This was a bargain. I picked it up at the Mount Prospect City police auction last spring. It's an old Mount Prospect police car. They were practically giving them away.

Jake: Well thank you, pal. The day I get out of prison, my own brother comes to pick me up in a police car.

Elwood: You don't like it?

Jake: No, I don't like it.

[Elwood jumps the car over the bridge]

Jake: Car's got a lot of pickup.

Elwood: It's got a cop motor, a 440-cubic-inch plant. It's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters, so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say? Is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

[Jake lights his cigarette using his lighter]

Jake: Fix the cigarette lighter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------