Ecoboost Owner Forums

Will SHO Eibachs fit my MKS?

I'm 99% sure they will... but after poking around a bit I haven't noticed anybody with Eibachs on an MKS.

Tirerack has them 10% off now... $236 instead of $249... what more reason do I need?

But I can't find any authoritative source that lists Eibach as having a spring for the AWD MKS.

Can anybody confirm I should be okay?

Thanks,

Greg

I'm 99% sure they will... but after poking around a bit I haven't noticed anybody with Eibachs on an MKS.

Tirerack has them 10% off now... $236 instead of $249... what more reason do I need?

But I can't find any authoritative source that lists Eibach as having a spring for the AWD MKS.

Can anybody confirm I should be okay?

Thanks,

Greg

Thats not 10% off...just saying.

One would think they would based on the MKS and Taurus are pretty much the same car. While Eibach doesn't have a listing for MKS H&R does and it does carry a different part number then the SHO. But I wouldn't let that discourage you, reason being the drop is lower on MKS 1.6" fr & 1.9" rr and SHO is 1.4" & 1.5" hence the different part number.

One would think they would based on the MKS and Taurus are pretty much the same car. While Eibach doesn't have a listing for MKS H&R does and it does carry a different part number then the SHO. But I wouldn't let that discourage you' date=' reason being the drop is lower on MKS 1.6" fr & 1.9" rr and SHO is 1.4" & 1.5" hence the different part number.[/quote']

Thank you! I noticed those part numbers were different and it threw me for a curve. I've tried cross-refencing replacement coil springs from autoparts stores, bit none of the online sources would give me a part number. In fact, most places don't even carry them ( stock replacements ) yet. Those H&Rs would really slam it!

Call a ford sstore and ask if the parts numbers for the factory springs are the same for the SHO as the mks?

Thought about that, but spring rates would almost have to be different so even though they might interchange, I'm thinking the pn would have to be different. Thanks for the idea though!

• 5 weeks later...

I have both an SHO and picking up a MKS next week for my wife. When I put new wheels on the MKS in the spring I will also be lowering it. I have been trying to get the spring question answered too because I want to install the Eibach springs on the MKS but as everyone knows, the MKS is not listed nor will Eibach admit if they fit.

I found this site (Ford Motorcraft) and looked up front and rear coils for both cars and the original spring part numbers are the same. Question answered? Look for yourself.

http://www.fordparts.com/Default.aspx?gnav=nav:home

• 2 weeks later...

This YouTube video link was originally posted up by fellow EBOF member BBOX, in his thread asking opinions on various wheel packages, etc.

Although the narrator in the video states they put H&R's onto this particular MKS, I would imagine that you'll be able to experience similar results with the Eibach product(s).

Hope it's of some help, or at least some degree of confirmation that the product line(s) / number(s) crossover :noidea:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Wow! RoushF150, I'm not sure how I missed your post, but thanks for the research!

I actually ordered a set of the Eibachs a few days ago and they should be arriving soon. With a bit of luck I'll be able to confirm for you and anybody else interested that they fit.

Cheers,

Greg

No problem Greg. I bought a set of Eibach's too but won't put them on until spring or if I have to bring in the MKS for service. Whoever gets it done first should post results because others would like to know. Lots of people are pretty loyal to Eibach.

Ralph

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I know I need to post some pics and details... and I will as soon as I can.

But I can tell you this... Eibachs fit on the MKS!

I dropped the car off at my buddy's shop before we left town. He said the springs were an easy swap and the car was ready when we returned. So i got the car but I had to pick up a decorated birthday cake for our son while I was out, so I had to be gentle or I'd smash the cake! Then, I had to pick up our 2 Siberian huskies from the kennel (yes... the dogs get to ride in anything I own!) and then I had to be very gentle to keep reduce the risk of them getting car sick.

Oh, and it was 9 degrees out, the roads were slick with grit from the rock salt, and I was wrapping up a day that included a bus ride, to airport shuttle rides, and an airline flights with all 3 of our kids.

So, more later.

For now, it seems the "progressive" nature is really true. Again, these are very early and limited impressions, but the car seems to ride smoother when it's driven like, well, a Lincoln. Frankly, I always felt the stock springs were to abrupt over small bumps and too soft for cornering. The small bumps have disappeared now, but the car seems to have much more poise and confidence in the turns. And the rake has disappeared. It's level now.

Oh, and yes I took "Before" pics and I'll take "After" pics once the weather permits.

More to come, but so far... very good!

Well, I know I need to post some pics and details... and I will as soon as I can.

But I can tell you this... Eibachs fit on the MKS!

I dropped the car off at my buddy's shop before we left town. He said the springs were an easy swap and the car was ready when we returned. So i got the car but I had to pick up a decorated birthday cake for our son while I was out, so I had to be gentle or I'd smash the cake! Then, I had to pick up our 2 Siberian huskies from the kennel (yes... the dogs get to ride in anything I own!) and then I had to be very gentle to keep reduce the risk of them getting car sick.

Oh, and it was 9 degrees out, the roads were slick with grit from the rock salt, and I was wrapping up a day that included a bus ride, to airport shuttle rides, and an airline flights with all 3 of our kids.

So, more later.

For now, it seems the "progressive" nature is really true. Again, these are very early and limited impressions, but the car seems to ride smoother when it's driven like, well, a Lincoln. Frankly, I always felt the stock springs were to abrupt over small bumps and too soft for cornering. The small bumps have disappeared now, but the car seems to have much more poise and confidence in the turns. And the rake has disappeared. It's level now.

Oh, and yes I took "Before" pics and I'll take "After" pics once the weather permits.

More to come, but so far... very good!

Good news Greg. That is what I expected the results to be. Enjoy your "New" MKS.