Ecoboost Owner Forums

Eco_Boost Fuel Dilution Problems

If it's on the internet' date=' it must be true. They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true. ;)[/quote']

Sometimes... just sometimes....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1469[/ATTACH] ;)

Talk of this has been around for a while. Google DFI Audi and you get some good stories. The Eco-Boost engine is designed a bit different that the first gen DFI engines. ;) As for the story on the F150... Lets see.... oil test done at 14500 and 4500... truck has 19000 on it... so when did the factory oil get swapped out for Amsoil?

post-1004-14253228927_thumb.jpg

If it's on the internet' date=' it must be true. They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true. ;)[/quote']

Good one....my first thoughts are 1.) We have a lot of people here that have both heavily modded and mostly stock Ecoboost engines and none of them have ever reported this problem/concern. 2.) I'm not surprised it showed up where it did, seems they love looking for fault with the new cars.....IMHO

Good one....my first thoughts are 1.) We have a lot of people here that have both heavily modded and mostly stock Ecoboost engines and none of them have ever reported this problem/concern. 2.) I'm not surprised it showed up where it did' date=' seems they love looking for fault with the new cars.....IMHO[/quote']

How many have had an oil analysis done? All I see at both forums is a whole lot of Ford fanboiism without any facts to back it up either way. I mean, what rationale would anyone have for making this up? Maybe it's a conspiracy by Blackstone labs to sell more oil test kits!

Seriously though twenty five bucks for some oil analysis is pretty cheap insurance and as much as these vehicles cost I'd rather be safe than sorry. And to expect that Ford would be upfront and honest about it is pure fantasy, and they may not even know they have an issue, or what the issue is (1.6 ecoboost anyone?).

I love ford and I love my SHO, but I'd say some healthy skepticism and FACTS would be beneficial for everyone. If it ends up being a baseless rumor, so what? An oil analysis provides all kinds of good info (Like how long your specific car and oil can safely go between changes).

I will post up my results after my first change. I was going to go to 5k, but I may push it up to 3k due to this info.

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/free-test-kits.php

I'm sure we experience some level of fuel dilution as do all DI engines. My Mazdaspeed 3 was terrible about it. Oil is a big factor in fighting it. I ran Rotella T 5w40 which is an excellent oil and great for turbo vehicles. I ran a Blackstone test at 7000 miles and the oil was still fairly good.

I've debated on running it in my SHO. Right now I'm running Royal Purple HPS 5w30 which is another good ZDDP rich oil that is good for handling heat. I had a case left of from my 5.0 Mustang.

I still use Rotella T in my Turbo V6 Mustang. Lots of Subaru guys use it too. I can't say enough good things about it.