Ecoboost Owner Forums

BOV For 2ltr Ecoboost?

jaskel

Hi all, I just got a ecoboost ford falcon here in oz, I assume they are the same 2ltr u guys are running over there....

For complete tosser value I want to fit a blow off valve/wastegate...wherre on earth are u guys fitting them too?? I cant figure it out anywhere...other thqan drilling a fresh hole in the pipe to the turbo.

Any help or pics/models appreciated.

I dont even know what psi they run on our cars.

2012_ford_fg_falcon_mkii_first_drive_review_02-1205.jpg

2012-Ford-Falcon-4D%20SEDAN-XT%20ECOBOOST-20120424171233316.jpg

ford-ecoboost-2012-03-450x350.jpg

2012-Ford-Falcon-G6-EcoBoost-engine.jpg

I think the main thing you've got to keep in mind is that the newer systems use a bpv and not a bov so there wont make much noise. You can't put a BOV in there unless you tune the car for it or your cause problems. Also with the location of the stock BPV in this motor you won't hear much since its so far away from the end of intake.

I think the main thing you've got to keep in mind is that the newer systems use a bpv and not a bov so there wont make much noise. You can't put a BOV in there unless you tune the car for it or your cause problems. Also with the location of the stock BPV in this motor you won't hear much since its so far away from the end of intake.

Actually since the EcoBoost is NOT a MAF based system and uses MAP sensors (speed density?) in theory I don't believe you need to retune to switch from a BPV to a BOV.

What's fun is the ST uses a canister type air filter and the end of the filter is solid plastic and is actually becomes part of the air box. I replaced it with a GREEN air filter and instead of being a solid plastic the end is actually filter! So now I can actually hear the BPV! LOL

[video=youtube;IEhZvqqRChs]

This should be the same setup as the MS3/MS6 that uses a MAP but since it has a BPV and recirculates the air that air is measured. One of the main things that happen to people who had the Mazda DISI motor is when they put on a BOV in place of the BPV without tuning their AFR would get out of wack in between shift. AFR would get overly rich, and the engine would stumble and have other performance issues.

This should be the same setup as the MS3/MS6 that uses a MAP but since it has a BPV and recirculates the air that air is measured. One of the main things that happen to people who had the Mazda DISI motor is when they put on a BOV in place of the BPV without tuning their AFR would get out of wack in between shift. AFR would get overly rich' date=' and the engine would stumble and have other performance issues.[/quote']

Where is the BPV located in the MS3/6? In the EB there is a MAP sensor in the manifold, downstream of the BPV... plus with the stock wideband O2 sensors I would think it might not require a tune if you go with a BOV.... now on the Forge website they do point out that the GM vehicles DO require a tune but they do not say the ST does... May have to give this a try in the spring...

Where is the BPV located in the MS3/6? In the EB there is a MAP sensor in the manifold' date=' downstream of the BPV... plus with the stock wideband O2 sensors I would think it might not require a tune if you go with a BOV.... now on the Forge website they do point out that the GM vehicles DO require a tune but they do not say the ST does... May have to give this a try in the spring...[/quote']

Its located on top of the engine connected to the TMIC. For both the Evo and MS3/6. If you added a BOV in place of the stock BPV without tuning it would cause AFR issues. While the ECU can try to adjust for the overly rich mixture each time you shift the ECU is going to be looking for that air to be recirculated back into the system and will add fuel to compensate. Atleast thats how it works in the MS3. Given the location of the BPV in the 2.0L I can't say with 100% certainty if its the same.

ok cool thanks for the info, this is what forums are about!

Ill have to stick my head in the bonnet and see if it has the same 3 hole design! Should be easy to get to as our cars are RWD so the motor is mounted how it should be ;)

Hopefully we helped, and it shouldn't be to be to bad to get to since the engine is longitudinal mounted.

• 2 weeks later...

The nice thing about the 2.0 ecoboost motors is that they are equiped with a Borg Warner turbo much like their EFR line of turbos. It has a built in BPV that accomplishes the same thing a BOV would do. Just does it more efficiently and quieter. They also have their own integrated waste gate actuator.

• 1 month later...