Ecoboost Owner Forums

Intermitent wiper issues anyone?

Dont know if I need to take this to the dealer but my wipers speed up. At first I thought maybe it was just a sensor that didnt like the amount of rain, but I noticed that it doesnt really matter. I can be just a sprinkle and all the sudden my wipers speed up, or slow down.......

They're supposed to work that way' date=' they are speed sensing wipers and the wiper speed does change with speed.[/quote']

I will need to figure out how to turn it off b/c mine are goofy. They will all the sudden go full speed, or all sudden slow down. I would really like for them to run at the speed I set them, especially since I use rain X. Probably something in the owners manual that I missed....

I will need to figure out how to turn it off b/c mine are goofy. They will all the sudden go full speed' date=' or all sudden slow down. I would really like for them to run at the speed I set them, especially since I use rain X. Probably something in the owners manual that I missed....[/quote']

Paulford,

Mine has an off position as well as 5 sensitivity positions for automatic wiping.

There are also the normal low and high speed positions to use.

My system can be shut down by selecting 'off'.

Check yours out.....you may have missed the off position -- it's right at the bottom.

C.

Archived