Ecoboost Owner Forums

What the heck was that??

3ponies

Saturday night in the rain storm and Sunday driving back from St Louis with ice every where the car was doing a low 3 buzz warning here and there. It kind of sounded like an emergency broadcast thing but real low. My wife read the manual as we had 300 miles to kill but found nothing. Any ideas what this was. I saw no messages on any display.

Kind of strange..

Perhaps it was an alien invasion of some sort?

Or the Borg were getting ready to assimilate you during your trip?

I would imagine that any of the sounds contained in this video clip below, were just a snap shot of what you must've heard during your excursion........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeujeOsHn0g&feature=share&list=PLC9B4D64EDA0FF851

Ha ha ha ha ha :bolt:

I think this is it but we saw no flashing lights.

Cut #3:

"This is a more important warning where you really need to get someone’s attention (Sound effect) note that the sound is very staccato very abrupt, it cuts through most background noise situations also it’s backed up by flashing lights on the dashboard." :14 sec.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=33441

used to have that in my volvo. When it rained a lot, the water would cause the exhaust braket to shrink from rapid cooling, and cause the drive shaft going to the rear to rub on the eaxhaust.

man i hope this car doesnt have that issue.

It was in that rain saturday when i realized how truly crappy the f1 super car ties are. almost brand new and they hydroplane like crazy.

used to have that in my volvo. When it rained a lot, the water would cause the exhaust braket to shrink from rapid cooling, and cause the drive shaft going to the rear to rub on the eaxhaust.

man i hope this car doesnt have that issue.

It was in that rain saturday when i realized how truly crappy the f1 super car ties are. almost brand new and they hydroplane like crazy.

No this was clearly an electronic 3 beep warning sound. One time I did see the drivers mirror lite up so I am thinking maybe ice build up and I was getting a warning that something was up.

I once had an Audi... 1986 500CS Turbo Quattro that did something similar. It was well abused before I got it and loaded with malfunctioning features. When it made 3 noised like you described my buddy said, "Oh, the food in the microwave must be done!" But alas, when he opened the compartment in front of him all we could find was the owner's manual and some burned up fuses.

No this was clearly an electronic 3 beep warning sound. One time I did see the drivers mirror lite up so I am thinking maybe ice build up and I was getting a warning that something was up.

I get something like that from time to time but I also get the red led bar on top of the dash with it too. First time I thought I had hit the panic button on the fob but it did it again too one morning when I went buy a truck in a tuning lane. So I assume it was a collision warning thing for me could be the same for you ?

I think this is it but we saw no flashing lights.

Cut #3:

"This is a more important warning where you really need to get someone’s attention (Sound effect) note that the sound is very staccato very abrupt, it cuts through most background noise situations also it’s backed up by flashing lights on the dashboard." :14 sec.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=33441

Cut #3 is the collision warning system sound (page 238 in the 2013 manual), and usually flashes the red LED bar by the windshield. I didn't think PP cars had that system.

The yellow alert indicator in the side mirror should light up if there is a vehicle in your blind spot (BLIS).

Snow and ice play havoc with the sensors though.

Hope this helps.

Cut #3 is the collision warning system sound (page 238 in the 2013 manual), and usually flashes the red LED bar by the windshield. I didn't think PP cars had that system.

The yellow alert indicator in the side mirror should light up if there is a vehicle in your blind spot (BLIS).

Snow and ice play havoc with the sensors though.

Hope this helps.

Yep, I figured I had the wrong one. I don't have the flashing bar in the front anymore as I have the PP on this SHO. I can't figure it out. It sounded like the warning you get on the TV for a weather alert. 3 low level audible sounds. Go figure..

• 2 weeks later...
Yep' date=' I figured I had the wrong one. I don't have the flashing bar in the front anymore as I have the PP on this SHO. I can't figure it out. It sounded like the warning you get on the TV for a weather alert. 3 low level audible sounds. Go figure..[/quote']

The sound you heard was the cross traffic warning (CTW). I finally heard it backing out of a parking space, rapid beeps like the collision warning, but no pause after 3 beeps plus the red LED bar does not light up on the dash - the side mirror BLIS LED will light on the side that the traffic is comming from. Hope this helps.

The sound you heard was the cross traffic warning (CTW). I finally heard it backing out of a parking space' date=' rapid beeps like the collision warning, but no pause after 3 beeps plus the red LED bar does not light up on the dash - the side mirror BLIS LED will light on the side that the traffic is comming from. Hope this helps.[/quote']

Does this work at 60 MPH? I have no flashing bar in the dash on this one and it is very low like a buzz. I have not heard it since the bad weather driving 2 weeks ago.

Thanks