Ecoboost Owner Forums

Bradenton -Test & Tune 1-7-12

EcoBrick Bob

Went to Bradenton Strip today. Not too bad considering temp and long waits in line due to over 200 participants. 4 runs in 4 hours. Lines up to 40 cars... creep ahead... bad for heat sink on engines.

#1 #2 #3 #4

RT. .426 .080 .172 .509

60' 1.920 1.943 1.950 1.983

1/8 et 8.362 8.309 8.471 8.389

1/8mph 84.60 84.72 83.07 84.80

1/4 et 12.993 12.941 13.157 13.006

1/4 mph 106.13 105.74 104.09 105.55

I feel these numbers are very good considering it was 70 deg or warmer.

Will post time slip pix tomorrow.

Second run I WHIPPED a Mercedes C class AMG 6.3 (he had a 13.2)

Third run I was against a 2007 Z06.. Had him at 1/8 (better start) but he beat me by 3-4 lengths due to 122 trap speed!

Last run I CREAMED a new 2012 Gran Sport with stick. He only turned aa 13.4 due to traction issues. Beat him by at least 4 lengths. He turned a 114 trap speed.

IMAGINE this poor guy with his $70,000. new vette... and getting humiliated by a TOASTER!

GREAT FUN!!!

Conclusion is that the Nitto 05R Drag Radials help quite a bit. Wondering what 50 deg temps would have done to my times..???

Went to Bradenton Strip today. Not too bad considering temp and long waits in line due to over 200 participants. 4 runs in 4 hours. Lines up to 40 cars... creep ahead... bad for heat sink on engines.

#1 #2 #3 #4

RT. .426 .080 .172 .509

60' 1.920 1.943 1.950 1.983

1/8 et 8.362 8.309 8.471 8.389

1/8mph 84.60 84.72 83.07 84.80

1/4 et 12.993 12.941 13.157 13.006

1/4 mph 106.13 105.74 104.09 105.55

I feel these numbers are very good considering it was 70 deg or warmer.

Will post time slip pix tomorrow.

Second run I WHIPPED a Mercedes C class AMG 6.3 (he had a 13.2)

Third run I was against a 2007 Z06.. Had him at 1/8 (better start) but he beat me by 3-4 lengths due to 122 trap speed!

Last run I CREAMED a new 2012 Gran Sport with stick. He only turned aa 13.4 due to traction issues. Beat him by at least 4 lengths. He turned a 114 trap speed.

IMAGINE this poor guy with his $70,000. new vette... and getting humiliated by a TOASTER!

GREAT FUN!!!

Conclusion is that the Nitto 05R Drag Radials help quite a bit. Wondering what 50 deg temps would have done to my times..???

, -- but fast rides come in all sizes and guizes, -- even some dressed as toasters.....Kudos for the quick runs.

Reason I said that they help is that in previous visits with these high boost tunes, I was seeing my spinning force a shutdown regularly... The last time I was in IA when it was cooler, I shut down 9 of 12 runs. Had to de-tune & leave TC on, and then do water bath burnouts, on the 3 runs that I got thru without shutting down for .3-.4 sec. Today TC was off on all 4 runs. Also, many of the guys were having traction issues, especially the vettes. Either they spun excessively or bogged. (of course it may be placebo effect !!!) I am able to go thru water bath and both spin fronts in it, as well as burn/heat up tires afterwards. Not massive burnouts but they work! Crazy, I know... but seems to work for me.

My best times before when temps were like today, were 13.1's. Other changes to my Brick... #10 W/M spray nozzle, higher (around 75%) Methanol concentration, and my rear air bags inflated to around 40 lbs. Have had issues with them leaking. Think I got them fixed finally.

Really looking forward to seeing what happens when I see some 50 deg air.....

My 1.920 was better than the tuned Z06' best 60' when he hooked up good and was up to mid 120's & low 11's at the end. He too had DR's on.

Because we were standing around most of the time in line, got to know a great bunch of guys. Several were in their 70's. One guy had a new (2012) Dodge Challenger SRT8 stick... His best time was a 13.4. Was stock... He wasn't real happy.....

I just knew they had to help in some way. Just wasn't sure how big of a difference they'd make.

And to be honest, in my experience with DR's it's been MT and Hoosier tied at #1, BFG's, the Nitto's as far as effectiveness and reproduceible results. Like I say, just my experience, so when I see the Nittos helping the way they are I'm impressed.

I need to order up those air bags for our Brick. That way I can do the exhaust and air bags all in the same weekend. :RpS_biggrin:

As to the air bag install... I drilled holes in the bottom spring cradles... DON"T INSTALL THIS WAY... Taz - from Twin Cities found that if the lines go out the top, you don't have to have 1" or larger holes in the bottom. Just make sure that once the spring is in place, that there are NO leaks where the lines push into the quick connect fitting at the end of the Vinyl Bag.

I have a set of Hoosier DR's for my Iowa G8. Would have gone that way if they had a size that would work. The Hoosiers for it are 17" and are over an inch smaller in diameter. Work fine on a RWD G8... Help improve Axle Ratio.

:RpS_lol::love:For Those who may have missed this...:love::RpS_lol:

I easily WHIPPED:doh: A NEW VETTE GRAN SPORT at the strip Yesterday!!!! This is what he did!!!!:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::fr usty::frusty:

Hey, is this you?

[video=youtube;pwFYHGRisUQ]

SUNNY BEACHES!!

That be ME!!!!

I guess he did better'n I thought. We both left immediately after... and Bradenton is too cheap to give us a full timeslip.... They rip them in half!

I just quoted the earlier time that was told to me by the Z06 guy regarding that car.

Got a nice jump on him... that's for sure!

Thanks so much for finding it! Makes it all worthwhile!

SUNNY BEACHES!!

That be ME!!!!

I guess he did better'n I thought. We both left immediately after... and Bradenton is too cheap to give us a full timeslip.... They rip them in half!

I just quoted the earlier time that was told to me by the Z06 guy regarding that car.

Got a nice jump on him... that's for sure!

Thanks so much for finding it! Makes it all worthwhile!

Looks like he ran a 12.94 @ 113.23

scoreboard.jpg

I had attempted to talk to the guy earlier. He was really evasive about the MFG Florida License... Did say he got it directly from GM, and not thru any dealer. Maybe he's a GM rep of some sort.

The Heritage Edition isn't as cool in person, in my opinion, as it really needs larger red stitching or perhaps red piping. Also has suede looking inserts in seats that also were black. Considering that with required options (LS3) at $10K., this car had to window sticker at least $72.K Couldn't believe how much brake dust was on both front and rear wheels. And dust was RED...(clay color).

A GS Vette would be my Vette choice, but if you don't get Nav... you are stuck with the Black only interior in 2012. When I purchased my 02 Vette new... It was well equipped and was around $45K. less discounts.

Anyway my 25 seconds of Fame...

Archived