Ecoboost Owner Forums

3 Bar Map Benifits?

ejjp13

You won't need to replace both.

Only the sensor POST throttle body will require replacement.

Additionally, I believe the magic number is actually 14.2 or 14.3lbs before the 2bar MapV no longer reads it properly.

You'll definitely need the 3bar if you exceed those psi ranges.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Not really. The 3 bar just allows you to read boost levels higher that 15psi. Now' date=' if you have thoughts of running boost higher than 15psi, then you'll need to replace them both I would assume. The computer needs to know what level it's at as importantly as you do.[/quote']

You won't need to replace both.

Only the sensor POST throttle body will require replacement.

Additionally, I believe the magic number is actually 14.2 or 14.3lbs before the 2bar MapV no longer reads it properly.

You'll definitely need the 3bar if you exceed those psi ranges.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

So if I am reading 15psi on a "physical" gauge, do I need to go to a 3 bar sensor if the 2 bar sensor doesn't send proper readings to the computer when it is over 14.3psi?

Most of the time it is lower, just full throttle acceleration puts the needle at 15 psi.

So if I am reading 15psi on a "physical" gauge, do I need to go to a 3 bar sensor if the 2 bar sensor doesn't send proper readings to the computer when it is over 14.3psi?

Most of the time it is lower, just full throttle acceleration puts the needle at 15 psi.

No not need for you, only needed with stage 5 meth tune. Changing to a bar 3 without it being tuned for will will throw and trouble light and run car will run poorly.

This had me curious, so I went and dug up the box that my 3 bar MapV sensor arrived in (along with my meth kit) and it appears to be the same as what crash712us had previously posted.

Perhaps LMS is modifying them 2 bar sensors as Chris eluded to, or perhaps they just shipped the 3 bar's in the wrong box? :noidea:

Probably a question better left answered to the expert(s)..... like Rick over @ LMS.

2013-03-10_11-52-21_212_zps991c7683.jpg

2013-03-10_11-52-31_254_zpsb650f500.jpg