Ecoboost Owner Forums

Mobsteel Grilles... Now made by another Company

I just ordered a "Mobsteel" grille.

When I called Mobsteel I was informed that the molds to do the grilles had been sold to another company. (Tommy Z Designs) Ive been told that the quality and build process is exactly the same as before. So I will let everyone know how that turns out and the timeframe for delivery, etc. I read somewhere that Mobsteel was as much as an 8 week turnaround from order to delivery... I called yesterday, and it sounds like the grille is in paint today! So on the hopeful side I will have it in 2 weeks or so?!? :tongue:

I had heard that Mobsteel sold the molds, but I was unsure of who bought them and was producing them now.

The new company popping these out is selling them for $650 Shipped, so it is at least $50 less than before.

Huh.......

I haven't spoken with Adam & the boys over @ Mobsteel in quite some time.

Interesting. I used to know a few peeps over @ TommyZ's back in my Charger days cuz I was working with them on my grille set up on that whip (which coincidentally was/is very similar to the SHO design i'll add).

Thanks for the post. I'll say again, very interesting.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I will definitely keep everyone updated as things happen. I will post pics once I get it in. It could be a while considering how cold it is right now.

Tommy Z's sounds like they do top notch work. Cant wait to see the finished product.

It is a chunk of change for the setup, but the Uuuh.. Mobsteel/"Tommy Z" grille compared to stock is more than worth it to me. The stock grille has always been the one part of the car that I havent really cared for.

No grille is worth that kinda money.

Although I may agree with you in principal, mods, and the costs associated with same, are each entirely up to the individual vehicle owner to determine it's relative importance on the heirarchy of that ever infamous mod list.

What you wouldn't pay for one thing, others may be willing to, and vice versa.

But hopefully with a new vendor on board, for those that desire (this grille) perhaps the price point will begin to see a downward progression.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

no grille is worth that kinda money.

Believe me, it wasnt something that I was flippant about... Every day when I walk up to the car and see the grill I will enjoy it!

Can you really put a price on that?!?!?

I can.... And that price is $650! :RpS_lol:

Although I may agree with you in principal, mods, and the costs associated with same, are each entirely up to the individual vehicle owner to determine it's relative importance on the heirarchy of that ever infamous mod list.

What you wouldn't pay for one thing, others may be willing to, and vice versa.

Well stated, and I couldn't agree more!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I just got the grille in today. Alls I ordered was the top grill surround, unpainted, without the insert. I'll be finishing it myself. Tommy was extremely apologetic about the delays and threw in a Meguiar's detailing kit. He also offered to send me the bottom grille free of charge if I wanted it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2338[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2339[/ATTACH]

Looks like quality work. I won't know how well it fits until I get around to installing it.

-S

post-532-142532292277_thumb.jpg

post-532-142532292282_thumb.jpg

post-532-142532292277_thumb.jpg

post-532-142532292282_thumb.jpg

All I can say is nice beer selection. Oh, and the grill looks nice too.

Ok, I just got the grille in today. Alls I ordered was the top grill surround, unpainted, without the insert. I'll be finishing it myself. Tommy was extremely apologetic about the delays and threw in a Meguiar's detailing kit. He also offered to send me the bottom grille free of charge if I wanted it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2338[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2339[/ATTACH]

Looks like quality work. I won't know how well it fits until I get around to installing it.

-S

• 1 month later...

Finally was able to get around to installing the Grille. Very nice piece, it did require some modifications to get the pre cut holes to line up with the tabs on the lower grille. I just had to take a drill bit and lengthen them a bit. The only gripes that I have with the kit are the bolts that are used to hold the mesh onto the back of the grille surround are way too long. They are abotu 2-2.5 inches and the should be about 1 inch max. Also there was no included hardware with the kit to hold the upper in its optimal position. So there are some minor misalignment issues.

Of course because of that I will have the bumper cover off in the next week or so to put some clips that Ill have to get from somewhere and Ill also have to cut off some of the excess bolt. This is because one bolt is hitting the inner Bumper, and also one bolt is touching the 13 Aux trans cooler line that I installed also.

Other than that, the paint work was great, the molds are very nice, and I am Super happy with the overall product. I would recommend them to anyone.

Here what should have came with you grill to hold in place, even the lower grill as well. However I can't tell you what there called or where to get them from, MobSteel supplied them.

D67A0F89-9B17-4C11-BFC8-6656B2C61017-1085-0000018690C51002_zps7f86404c.jpg

7D485B93-3D16-44B3-8D73-A379BEDA17E3-1085-0000018681283A76_zpsdf7089b1.jpg

file-32.jpg

And here is where to place them, it would hurt to unspring them a bit there pretty tough to get on.

• 2 months later...