Ecoboost Owner Forums

Where did Ford come up with Show instead of SHO

Everyone that owns a Taurhs SHO knows that the initis SHO stand for Super High Output. When I bought my 2012 SHO in December of 2011 the finance girl kept calling saying congratulations on purchasing your new Ford Taurus "show". I kept correcting her that its not "show" but rather S,H,O. Very politely she kept trying to tell me that the higher ups want it pronounced "show" she didn't know why and totally understood what I was saying in reference to the initials and what they stood for.

Does anyone know why Ford is pushing this "show" title and why switch from the proper initials?

I typically refer to it as an S.H.O., but I don't bother to correct folks when they call it a SHOw. Heck, I even play on it myself from time to time, such as using a forum nickname of "SHO Off".

Ford's referred to the powertrain as SHOw since the '90s as well. Have you ever heard someone refer to the limited run of Festivas as an S-H-O Gun? Nope, I've only heard "SHOGun".

-Rod

I think those that know the car from the 80's go with S-H-O for super high output. Back then 220 hp was a big deal.

Now a days. New ford management is all about branding and saying SHOW translates to Marketting.

To me it's S-H-O

I call it both I guess. Like if I'm goin out with friends' date=' I'll say something like "We can ride in the show" or something. But maybe if someone asks what kind of car I have I'll say a Taurus S-H-O[/quote']

S H O to me' date=' first time I heard "show", I thought it was a mistake by somebody who did know anything about the car.[/quote']

I typically refer to it as an S.H.O., but I don't bother to correct folks when they call it a SHOw. Heck, I even play on it myself from time to time, such as using a forum nickname of "SHO Off".

Ford's referred to the powertrain as SHOw since the '90s as well. Have you ever heard someone refer to the limited run of Festivas as an S-H-O Gun? Nope, I've only heard "SHOGun".

-Rod

AS A OLD S.H.O. GUY

93 SHO [ATTACH=CONFIG]2200[/ATTACH] The old car guy hated people calling it a SHOw!!!!!! But political correct bean counters AT FORD said SHOw NAME would sale more, S.H.O. would not, so now it's a show not a S.H.O.:RpS_cursing:So I have rename my car from SHO (Super High Output) to SHO (Special Hi-tech OMAZING) CAR [ATTACH=CONFIG]2201[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2202[/ATTACH]LOL

post-237-142532291807_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532291811_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532291814_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532291807_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532291811_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532291814_thumb.jpg

I think we mainly refer it as an SHOw, to give the car its distinction from the normal Taurus line since most SHOs are not considered by most enthusiasts a Taurus.... And if you think about it the car is different from the normal Taurus line .....

Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express