Ecoboost Owner Forums

Went to stage 4+ tune for the past week or so. Love it, but am noticing a raw fuel (gasoline) odor, intermittently as i sit and idle at a traffic control device-light/stop sign etc.... Not always, but as yet, have not been able to correlate with time of day, traffic, driving habits, etc.... Any thoughts appreciated. Headed on long interstate-1200 mi-slog in next few days and wondering if I should go back to stock. like the drive-ability of this tune, and wanted to check over the road mileage.

Thanks in advance.

It may be that the PCM is still learning with the new tune, so I would give it a few more days. I have never noticed the raw fuel smell with the 4+. Hopefully, it will straighten out within the next few days of driving. Other then that, maybe give Rick a call, he may have some insight for the smell. I know I am very happy with the 4+ tune in normal driving, I am getting better mileage then I did with the Stage 2 (unless I get aggressive with the throttle).

Went to stage 4+ tune for the past week or so. Love it, but am noticing a raw fuel (gasoline) odor, intermittently as i sit and idle at a traffic control device-light/stop sign etc.... Not always, but as yet, have not been able to correlate with time of day, traffic, driving habits, etc.... Any thoughts appreciated. Headed on long interstate-1200 mi-slog in next few days and wondering if I should go back to stock. like the drive-ability of this tune, and wanted to check over the road mileage.

Thanks in advance.

I have that same smell. Before and after the tune. If it were me, I would leave the tune on.