Ecoboost Owner Forums

Exhaust Options

I'm strongly considering a cat back, each has positives/negatives in my opinion. I'm not looking for a loud obnoxious exhaust, this is my DD, and enjoy a quiet cab for cruising. If I'm missing anything please let me know.

Borla: Best sounding IMHO. Requires cutting. Discontinued by Borla so if I want it I need to move fast. Found online for under $1000 before shipping.

Corsa: Easiest installation, no cutting required. Not a big fan of the sound, test drove a car with one on, and sounded a little 'ricey'. Most expensive.

Magnaflow: Requires cutting. Not a fan of the sound I've heard online.

Dynomax: Axle back system. Cheap.

Weld Ins: Requires professional installation. Is there any real benefit?

I'm strongly considering a cat back, each has positives/negatives in my opinion. I'm not looking for a loud obnoxious exhaust, this is my DD, and enjoy a quiet cab for cruising. If I'm missing anything please let me know.

Borla: Best sounding IMHO. Requires cutting. Discontinued by Borla so if I want it I need to move fast. Found online for under $1000 before shipping.

Corsa: Easiest installation, no cutting required. Not a big fan of the sound, test drove a car with one on, and sounded a little 'ricey'. Most expensive.

What are you looking for out of MODing your sys? The DynoMax give you a nice sound for not much money. Install vid for DynoMax http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?1585-Installing-dynomax-mufflers

The corsa system you test drove what the car tuned? I know running my car stock with a corsa exhaust was pretty loud, but with a tune the sound is much quitter. You would it would be the other way around, but its not. Very happy with my corsa exhaust though, its quite when cruising and got a nice sound when you put your foot in it.

Corsa. I am extremely happy with it and this is coming from someone that commutes almost 2 hours a day.

You don't even notice it when cruising and it doesn't sound "ricey" at all. IMO - Borla and Magnaflow aren't even worth it since you aren't removing the 3rd cat.

Husky:

Unless things w/ Borla chged in last few months. They have not discontinued, it's just a special order. Mine took around 5 weeks. Like mine very much & great looking pipes. I checked magnaflow & Corsa, also liked Borla best. Sounds in the middle magna to quite, corsa too loud on the one I heard but didn't have special tune, also most expensive of the the bunch. I thought all cat backs required a cut even Corsa. Theirs doesn't have the resonator but with the old system being a unit construction not sure how you couldn't have to cut old one off but I'm not a mechanic by any means. I know with my Borla it required old one to be cut off.

mikev