Ecoboost Owner Forums

Fleet of Interceptors

Impressive. Seems like a lot of agencies have gone away from the Ford sedan (Taurus). Main complaint is interior room/low entry for big guys. Seems the SUV (Explorer) version is a little more popular. Wonder how much Ford has lost from old Crown Vic customers that have jumped ship to Dodge and Chevy.

As much as I detest the Eagle RS-A's the interceptors are equipped with, they handle pretty good on pursuits. I know the Government versions have a kevlar band (At least they used to) to keep the tires from flat spotting when they sit so long waiting to be outfitted as well as provided protection when you jump curbs.

Impressive. Seems like a lot of agencies have gone away from the Ford sedan (Taurus). Main complaint is interior room/low entry for big guys. Seems the SUV (Explorer) version is a little more popular. Wonder how much Ford has lost from old Crown Vic customers that have jumped ship to Dodge and Chevy.

I'm not so sure. I'm seeing them everywhere. They may not be quite as ubiquitous as the CVPI, but I think they are the most popular of the replacements.

I'm not so sure. I'm seeing them everywhere. They may not be quite as ubiquitous as the CVPI' date=' but I think they are the most popular of the replacements.[/quote']

Maybe I'm just in a goofy part of Washington. The Washington State Patrol had Crown Vics forever and jumped to the new Chevy. Everybody else in my local area is going to the Ford SUV version or Charger. I've only seen 3 local very small departments go to the Ford sedan.

All the head garage guys I talk to say they looked at the Ford sedan, but the position of the driver and cockpit room pushed them to the SUV.

The guys driving the Ford SUV love them.