Ecoboost Owner Forums

Mismatch of body panels.

Hey I know there will be some. Always are.

But I was wondering if anyone else has them?

For the most part all is good on my car except two places.

Maybe there is suppose to be some. But there is a huge difference on mine.

I am surprised I never noticed them at purchase time. Wasn't until a few weeks later. :RpS_mad:

Oh well I think I can adjust it.

IMAG0517-1.jpg

IMAG0656.jpg

IMAG0657.jpg

post-33-142532292405_thumb.jpg

post-33-142532292408_thumb.jpg

post-33-142532292411_thumb.jpg

post-33-142532292405_thumb.jpg

post-33-142532292408_thumb.jpg

post-33-142532292411_thumb.jpg

I've never seen a production car that was perfect. There will always be variances.

It's pretty common with color mismatch too. The plastic or composite parts are always a different shade than the metal. It's just easier to see on certain colors, especially white. Our 2011 Mustang is white and the bumpers are very yellow looking compared to the rest of the car.

-Rick

Yea I have/had same issue, front and back. I was able to get the hood almost perfect by adjusting stops with a little modification. I recently noticed about an 1/8 to 1/4 inch issue on the trunk that may or may not be easily correctable. It is the one aspect of the vehicle I have been slightly disappointed in.

Car was probably in a severe transit accident.... LOL... (JOKE)

My Flex tailgate is far further out of alignment. Showed it to dealer and he claimed there is no adjustment. There is... but likely playing with that heavy piece would just make it worse. No air or water leaks, and mine looks better than most... So I ignore it...

Crap! this is not good to hear. I would think it would be better than all this.

No matter, I love my car and I will do what I can to make it better. Make the adjustments. And move on.

I get complements on it all the time. No matter where I go.

Wife really doesn't like it that much, better now that it's lowered. And when we are out together and someone comes over to me and says, "WoW! What is this. It looks great" and so on. She just smirks and says well my car is better. LoL. We have fun like that. We are both in love with cars. Have favorites and so on. Have a hit list for future cars. Only a matter of time.

SO far thou this is my fav now. It KICKS A$$.......

Archived