Ecoboost Owner Forums

LMS Downpipes - Bolts to connect to XO pipe

So I am in the middle of installing LMS downpipes and the Corsa 14315 exhaust. I find out that LMS doesn't supply new bolts for the connection. The Corsa kit comes with new nuts. I can't believe that $1000 downpipes don't include 4 bolts needed for the install. Now I am stuck with the car out of service and no transportation.

Has anyone pounded out the old bolts and used those?

Jason

I put it together with some small bolts then went and got some of the correct size. All back together. Have to say not a fan of the Corsa exhaust noise. Was hoping for quieter. Kinda sounds like a rice rocket :(

LMS should be providing the bolts though knowing that you will need new ones regardless if your changing out the rest of the exhaust or not. The bolts on the factory downpipes are basically studs.

Just my opinion.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't like the Corsa you might try the Magaflow. With the extra resonator that should definitely tone down the sound a bit. That's the setup I was planning on going with. The Borla also has the extra resonator. I'm sure you won't have any problem selling the Corsa. I listened to sound clips of the setup you have and I wasn't really that impressed with the sound. That being said though, exhaust sound is pretty much all subjective.

JMR-

I think that I'm the one here with Borla catbacks. My decision was stay stock or go with Borla. I liked the loud Corsa but my wife would have killed me & since I didn't make it too loud for her she's let me continue my mods. There is just a nice little rumble to them. I'm all into looks & they are beauts & the way you install them according to their spec, they stick out about 4-5 inches, just long enough to see their logo on them. When I got mine they were special order & took 6 weeks. But they didn't lie, it was exactly 6 weeks when I got them. The part# is not on their site but PM me & I'll look up the # if you want. You can go to you tube & one guy that must not be on this site has them with sound. Also a guy has his Corsa with sound so you can get a good comparison.

mikev

Downpipes will change the way the borla sounds but since it also still has the resonator it should be quieter than the corsa with downpipe. You could also look into adding a mid muffler to your Corsa setup but then you would be hacking up an expensive exhaust setup.

I don't mind the rumble with the Corsa exhaust and it is quiet at cruising and softer acceleration. Just that it has the "ricey" note. Maybe that is just typical of a 6 cylinder though. It is a bit loud when you first start it up but it settles down after a minute. It even notes that in the instructions. The tips on the Corsa exhaust do not stick out from the rear bumper cover. I had some difficulty getting the exhast outlets centered within the bumper cover cut outs.