Ecoboost Owner Forums

Intermittent Squeak Sound - seems to be from center channel or right front channel

I've got the MKS with the THX surround sound stereo. Lately I've noticed an intermittent squeak or hum from a speaker, it seemed to be from the center channel or right front channel. It's an odd sound to describe, it's not consistent or persistent, sort of a high-pitched honk. I've noticed it here and there over the last several months but it's seemed to have gotten really bad of late, I don't know if the warmer weather could somehow be impacting it or what but it's pretty annoying. I will probably take it to the dealer and have them look at it but figured I'd ask here if anyone had any ideas what it might be first.

Have tou checked the glasses compartment where the lights are? Sometimes the noise seems to come from somewhere, but it can be tricky. I have a little rattle there and it disappear when I press there. Also, on my 2010, I had a rattle that was coming from the defrost vents close to the window. It was stopped by removing it and reinstalling it with 2-sides tape...

But it is probably the speakers, so hopefully your dealer will find it... Let us know once fixed.

Good luck!