Ecoboost Owner Forums

Gauges

I'm getting impatient so daddy is breaking out the check book.

Dabbing on my gauge preparations once I confirm this guy can do the custom a-pillar for me.

Just want to throw this at the masses; couple of these gauges were recommended by bpd; and I trust his judgement.

A-Pillar (Dual Gauges)

Boost Gauge

Oil Pressure

Center Dash (Triple Gauges--Chris's mount)

EGT (Left Bank)

Wideband A/F

EGT (Right Bank)

I know the boost, oil pressure, EGT's are priority--wondering about last gauge. Is A/F really useful for daily driving or should I replace it with something like oil temp?

No pics yet but got my Prosport EVO gauges installed w/ Chris's pod. It still amazes me the work Chris did. To tell you how good it looks, my wife who wants nothing done, didn't notice them at all from the outside. One quick thing on the Prosport EVO Blue/Red gauges. It says on their site that you can have 1 color with lights off & another color with lights on. Which is what I wanted. Not true on the SHO & the people I had installing are Performance experts. But those EVO guages got some real compliments from the guys @ the shop. Pics to follow when I get a chance.

The problem with having an A/F and the EGT gauges is trying to view them while driving at WOT and/or racing. They change very quickly and it's hard to monitor them by eye. The best thing to do is to set up warning lights and datalog your runs. Oil temp gauge would be best since that stays a little more constant and I'm not sure the ECM adjust for it.

I have an A/F gauge in my other vehicle (single turbo V8) and I find it very difficult to watch the A/F unless I'm idling or cruising. I'm switching to a new EFI setup and getting rid of my A/F gauge, the new LCD screen will have a warning light instead.

Prosport EVO gauges installed in Chris's POD. Was at car shows last couple of weeks & saw a few gauges on some pony's. Once again I say Chris's POD is a work of art. One guy came up saying he was looking at a SHO & didn't realize that extra gauges were an option, that's how good it is. Thanks again Chris.
My gosh that looks nice!!! How much would that setup cost a man just like you got?

ges:

If I had to do over again. Would chose the oil pressure gauge as well over AFR. Cheaper & cheaper to install, but I wanted latest greatest & one of my friends had it on his vette. So impulse took over logic. I have to watch that, not one of my best traits. Just ask my wife. Although now she's glad that I pushed hard to get her in the ECO Escape, all her girl friends love the color, it's a unique color that girls like more than guys but I like light colors so I was good with it.

ges: If I had to do over again. Would chose the oil pressure gauge as well over AFR. Cheaper & cheaper to install' date=' but I wanted latest greatest & one of my friends had it on his vette. So impulse took over logic. I have to watch that, not one of my best traits. Just ask my wife. Although now she's glad that I pushed hard to get her in the ECO Escape, all her girl friends love the color, it's a unique color that girls like more than guys but I like light colors so I was good with it.[/quote'] I'm putting in 5 gauges. Oil pressure is going. My option is to ditch AFR and put in oil temperature. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Prosport EVO gauges installed in Chris's POD. Was at car shows last couple of weeks & saw a few gauges on some pony's. Once again I say Chris's POD is a work of art. One guy came up saying he was looking at a SHO & didn't realize that extra gauges were an option, that's how good it is. Thanks again Chris.
Thanks for the compliments! I am glad you are happy with. unfortunately the face plate doesn't photograph well, but looks much better in person. going to look into some hydro graphic's for future pods.