Ecoboost Owner Forums

Corsa Exhaust ordered today!

I wasn't planning to mod yet, as I wanted to save a huge chunk of change and then do a bunch of things at once--but alas I'm not rich nor did I win the lottery.

Tonight, I ordered my Corsa exhaust -- I was going to get it from Livernois but unfortunately I got it for a better price elsewhere. It was about a $100 different. Hopefully it shows up quick next week and I can get it installed at the dealership.

The next on the list will be my intake--and then a tune probably. I think the exhaust, intake, and tune will be necessary for them to play nicely.

Yeah, it was tough. I really wanted to wait but I said screw it. I'd buy little at time while taking care of few other things. :-) I can't wait to get my exhaust in. I hope it sounds good or I'm going to cry like a little girl. LOL Sent from my VZW Galaxy S4 CleanROM.

Yeah' date=' it was tough. I really wanted to wait but I said screw it. I'd buy little at time while taking care of few other things. :-) I can't wait to get my exhaust in. I hope it sounds good or I'm going to cry like a little girl. LOL Sent from my VZW Galaxy S4 CleanROM. [/quote']

I have a Corsa on mine and really like the system. Great fit, really nice tips, almost silent while cruising but get on it and they have a great sound for a 6. I think you will like the system.

The sound is different; it's a V6 duh -- I like it; has a nice little growl to it. I do need more work; intake and tune--plus my suspension.
It has a little rumble at idle and cruising on highway it's quiet--no annoying drone.

I was doing 80 on turnpike for 40 miles and it was great.

It's been quite some time since the exhaust went on -- I will say that I definitely LOVE it now. It needed to break in for the tones to be even; at first they are obnoxiously loud and all over the place--it sounded like I had a weedwhacker that didn't know what it wanted to do. The tones were all bland and alternating--now that it's broken in, it's insane. I can fire up the remote start and listen to the turbo's spool up from rear of car. When I stomp it; the car sounds like something from Fast and Furious--a car that actually has power; not that fart can shit that cheap asses do to Honda Civic's because they can't afford real engine work.

Over all; I'm VERY pleased with the system. The quality was top notch; $1250 for the system was well worth it; I don't regret the price considering this car was $48k and the price of fuel costs me almost $4 gallon; I'm not skipping on good mods because of money.

Thanks Chris (Crash) and Mike (bpd) for the recommendations! I ow you both a beer very soon, even if I have to drive my solo arse to the burbs LOL.

I'll get one next time I get out; car is in parking garage and I'm lazy--just got back from Jersey and that's a 2 hour drive LOL.

Trust me; it's worth it -- just close your eyes and hit "submit"; you won't regret it!

Disclaimer; I take no responsibility for you spending $1250 on an exhaust system and not liking it regardless of what I say.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup I can imagine going back to the stock exhaust, the car before just didn't have a voice. Now it does, the nice thing about the Corsa it really doesn't have a drone. It quiet until you step into it. I really like the way it sounds, it has a similar sound to a Nissan GTR which I think is kinda cool.

Don't get me wrong; it's loud; but it's the way it SHOULD sound.

When you get on it; she lets out some noise and makes people look; coupled with the slingshot--most are like "WAH the fack was that?!"

It sounds like a GTR and not a Honda rice rocket.

I love it.

Not to mention I can hear my turbo's spooling up when I start it in the morning :)

It's been quite some time since the exhaust went on -- I will say that I definitely LOVE it now. It needed to break in for the tones to be even; at first they are obnoxiously loud and all over the place--it sounded like I had a weedwhacker that didn't know what it wanted to do. The tones were all bland and alternating--now that it's broken in, it's insane. I can fire up the remote start and listen to the turbo's spool up from rear of car. When I stomp it; the car sounds like something from Fast and Furious--a car that actually has power; not that fart can shit that cheap asses do to Honda Civic's because they can't afford real engine work.

Over all; I'm VERY pleased with the system. The quality was top notch; $1250 for the system was well worth it; I don't regret the price considering this car was $48k and the price of fuel costs me almost $4 gallon; I'm not skipping on good mods because of money.

Thanks Chris (Crash) and Mike (bpd) for the recommendations! I ow you both a beer very soon, even if I have to drive my solo arse to the burbs LOL.

How many miles did it take your's to break in? I installed mine yesterday and as much as I like the loudness the inconsistency of the sound is driving me nuts. Did you have a grunt-like noise between 20~30mph?

I've had mine on for I think 1k miles -- it grunts when I'm on it. Overall it smooth; there are times when the sound is a little funny but I think that's just the engine--It kinda evens out and stays the same tone while your hammering it--it' not like the sound through RPM range, gear shift, RPM range etc.

I guessed that the engine was more to blame for the varying sound, I have had issues with hesitation and uneven acceleration. Hopefully it'll be less noticeable after a while.

I don't think that's the exhaust.

I have hesitation at times--it's not best tuned; I can't wait to get my Livernois Stage 4 tune in; it's going to clean the car up INCREDIBLY.

Uneven acceleration I feel at times; I think that might be mapping tho--

Don't get me wrong; it's loud; but it's the way it SHOULD sound.

When you get on it; she lets out some noise and makes people look; coupled with the slingshot--most are like "WAH the fack was that?!"

It sounds like a GTR and not a Honda rice rocket.

I love it.

Not to mention I can hear my turbo's spooling up when I start it in the morning :)

I agree 100%, was unsure on the sound for a couple of days following the install, but I am in love with this exhaust now. A sti pulled up behind me at a red light, and started to rev the engine, and I reved mine back at them. The look on the guy's face... PRICELESS.