Ecoboost Owner Forums

Meth Injection

I think most people are using the Livernois kit. You probably dont "need" any supporting mods, but an intake, higher flow cats or catless exhaust, would nice to have, and most people usually do have at this point. Probably colder stage plugs, and a 170 thermostat would be nice too. It all helps, but im not sure if they are 100% required.

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY: If you use a SCT tuner and basically do a Stage 4 + Meth, you will see about 50 more whp over just normal Stage 4. If you go Stage 5 which is a MyCal Tuner and Meth, you will at almost 100whp over normal Stage 4. MyCal allows Livernois to reach more tuning parameters that allow them to get a lot more power out of the setup.

Kolk pretty much covered all it. The LMS kit uses a Alkycontrols meth kit and its designed to with stand 100% meth, where most other kits are water meth. The Alkycontrol kit is very well put together and very well thought out plus Julio of Alkycontrol is a top notch guy and offer excellent customer service. They only thing I would change about LMS kit currently offer is to lose the 5 gal meth tank. Not sure I would want sacrifice the trunk space. I personally have a 2qrt meth tank, others use the windshield washer tank for meth, which a gallon and a 2qrt tank for the windshield washers. Also I feel a check valve is a must for the system and is not included. But I am sure livernois can put together a kit with these items.

Kolk pretty much covered all it. The LMS kit uses a Alkycontrols meth kit and its designed to with stand 100% meth, where most other kits are water meth. The Alkycontrol kit is very well put together and very well thought out plus Julio of Alkycontrol is a top notch guy and offer excellent customer service. They only thing I would change about LMS kit currently offer is to lose the 5 gal meth tank. Not sure I would want sacrifice the trunk space. I personally have a 2qrt meth tank, others use the windshield washer tank for meth, which a gallon and a 2qrt tank for the windshield washers. Also I feel a check valve is a must for the system and is not included. But I am sure livernois can put together a kit with these items.
Crash I just order my METH kit last week, WHAT CHECK VALVE?WHERE DOES IT GO? AND WHY DO WE NEED IT?

Check valve is a one way valve that designed to open at specific pressure. And it mounts in line directly behind spray nozzle. Why you need, meth boils at 150 degrees and when does it will force meth into your engine even while off this will flood you motor and make hard to start. Also prevent siphoning as you will use meth even when not spraying. Not to mention your system once this happens will not work correctly cause when the lines boil out you lose your prime. It a must have in my opinion. To get just call Julio at alkycontrols tell what you got and he'll send you the appropriate one for your car. And it's less then $20 if I remember right. Turned on a few fellas here to get.

I believe the chack valve is to keep the pump primed, avoiding to run a tune where meth is supposed to be spray but it isn't, thus damaging the engine.

• 1 month later...

Check valve is a one way valve that designed to open at specific pressure. And it mounts in line directly behind spray nozzle. Why you need, meth boils at 150 degrees and when does it will force meth into your engine even while off this will flood you motor and make hard to start. Also prevent siphoning as you will use meth even when not spraying. Not to mention your system once this happens will not work correctly cause when the lines boil out you lose your prime. It a must have in my opinion. To get just call Julio at alkycontrols tell what you got and he'll send you the appropriate one for your car. And it's less then $20 if I remember right. Turned on a few fellas here to get.
just got me kit today. Do you have a contact for Julio at alkycontrols or is it in the the kit paper work?

You will have to contact Julio.