Ecoboost Owner Forums

Reverse lights on 12 taurus..

I saw somewhere that somebody said they were 7440. They aren't..they are 12184. I can't find this bulb anywhere.. and I just broke my one bulb while trying to take it out. I'm sure I can find the incandescent bulb at the store or stealership.. but I want LEDs in there. Does anybody know what 12184 is in LED?

Wow those are completely different from whats in my 2013, mine uses the standard 168 bulb base, like the interior lights and side marker lights, I bought a bunch and replaced them all on my car, the ones I bought for the reverse lights have twice the # of LED elements as the interior/side marker LEDs to provide more light. These are also known as a T10 style "wedge" base bulb.

Wow those are completely different from whats in my 2013' date=' mine uses the standard 168 bulb base, like the interior lights and side marker lights, I bought a bunch and replaced them all on my car, the ones I bought for the reverse lights have twice the # of LED elements as the interior/side marker LEDs to provide more light. These are also known as a T10 style "wedge" base bulb. [/quote']

Weird. I called a stealership and they said they could get one for me for $6.. (I but I want LED lol..) but like I said I broke the one so.. guess I will have to go this route :(

The guy said that parts stores should have them...I looked the other day and couldn't find them at advanced auto.

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing?

Well, I email vleds and they said that they couldn't come up with anything. I guess I'm stuck with crappy back up bulbs lol. I had to buy one at a dealership for $21, yes.. for one bulb.. but it is required to pass state inspection in PA and I don't want the socket getting moisture in it and rusting or something.

• 3 months later...