Ecoboost Owner Forums

Wheel Clicking Noise Please Help

Ok guys, I posted a thread at one point in which we identified a clicking noise on my car as a busted wheel bearing and had that replaced. Here is the new scenario. I drive my car approximately 20 miles to and from work and when I get home from work I make a sharp right hand turn into my garage. While making this turn there is a clicking noise like a baseball card in a cycle spoke. So I took it to the Ford dealer who had it for a week. They came back and told me that they tried to diagnose everything, they even changed the wheel to the other side of the car and low and behold the noise transferred with the wheel. So the dealerships brilliant Master Technician told me that the noise was the wheel and they would like to replace it for $500. For anyone that knows anything about cars a wheel a solid piece of metal alloy and does not make rotational clicking noises so I turn to you my brilliant forum of SHO knowledgeable friends. Lets here your thoughts......... and of course thank you so much for your assistance as always.

[ATTACH]n[/ATTACH]

Since you've eliminated the lugnuts, it would lead me to believe it could be the Ford center cap. It could be loose. I would thing if you take the wheel off you could also check the back of the wheel to make sure it's not rubbed. I take it you are out of warranty? I know when I got a wheel damaged, the retail price was like $742.00 for the new one. Good luck, let us know what you find.

I have all kinds of clicking going on -- the SHO is going in next week as I'm fairly frustrated. I get a metallic tink/click/bang whatever if I sit in my parking garage and move my wheels left or right--I can nearly do it on command and it's throughout the range, not at full lock. I can also hear clicking when I am moving forward or backwards--I do these tests in my parking garage with all my windows down.

The clicking/ticking/tinking noise is covered under a TSB according to my service dept here in Seattle, I was told its the thrust washers for the front half shafts. I had them replaced but the issue persists, they are having an engineer come out to look into the issue to see if they can hunt it down. They had the car for a day and could not locate the source after replacing the washers, my car has made the noise from day 1. If/when they find anything I'll post an update.

Hey guys first of all the Gem Green SHO is beautiful. Sorry for not posting very often but life is extremely busy some times haha. I had the TSB for the Thrusters done and had them replace the wheel cap (Unfortunately only have the powe-rtrain warranty left). Picked it up from the dealer and drove it home and guess what happened... The noise is back. The dealer told me there is nothing more that they can do for me and that I have to basically live with it. I got under the car and pulled the whole front end apart and came up with nothing either. Sorry for not having any more answers from your assistance, but thank you as always.