Ecoboost Owner Forums

A/C not blowing cold enough .

I just took a 1700 mile road trip in my 2011 SHO, and since I've owned the car for about 2 months, havent really used the A/C

Not sure if its because of it being a black car , but it just doesnt seem that my A/C blows as cold as it should ?

I bought the car used with 37k miles so the warranty is no longer an option, but curious if anyone else has a less than cold A/C ?

Thanks

Pretty hot, probably around 90 or so, but what i noticed most was when i would put the heavy foot down, i lost what cold air was blowing for a couple of minutes, almost like it was catching up with itself ?

I havent put a temp gauge on it to see what temp is actually blowing from the vents, but its definately not as cold as it should be.

I will most likely take it in and have someone check it, but just curious if maybe the A/C's on these cars aren't as good as they should be ?

What I noticed most was when I would put the heavy foot down' date=' I lost what cold air was blowing for a couple of minutes, almost like it was catching up with itself ?[/b']

Your A/C system is functioning perfectly normal, given the conditions you've described. The A/C is designed to shut down (as Crash712us stated) under heavy load, or under hard acceleration. All Ford's do this to my knowledge. Once the heavy acceleration is no longer present, the system then comes back on. Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2