Ecoboost Owner Forums

Just completed a 2300+/- round trip road trip in the SHO.

We've had a few threads on the SHOs road trip prowess, but this being the longest, by more than double, that weve taking the SHO i wanted to just post some of my observations.

This car is probably the best long haul car around. smooth, vault quiet and with ACC, MC seats and SYNC/Navi it was a delight to pilot on our trip from WA to Disneyland.

-it seems that the ACC behaves the best on the "medium" gap set. long is to long, and short is to hard on the brakes. i also noticed some odd behavior on long sweeping curves to the right, the ACC would randomly panic brake, especially near a semi or bus.

-loaded with four adults, and four adults worth of luggage and snacks and the like i still has ample passing power and merging power

-my lack of a tranny cooler became evident after 700 or so miles non stop. the trans would get lazy with shifts and sloppy. never slipped or locked in a gear just tired is the best way to describe it.

-with my dark think and black grill every in WA state moved left in a hurry. :)

-my SHO HATES california "gas". if you want to call the water they sell you gas. a notice lack of power and 2-3 MPG loss on california 91.

-with the ACC set to 75 i held a steady 27.0 MPG. in WA and OR with the cruise around 72 28.4 and 29.5(for a 32 mile stretch on flat land). on the way back with cali gas 24.6 through the desert and 25.7 to the OR boarder. when i filled up in southern OR OBC listed a 474 mile range. also found out(thanks to Crush my brother in law) that the OBC is calculating range off 16 gallons of gas, not the 19 the tank holds.

overall, i think my wife and i fell even more in love with the SHO. she watched movies and TV via bluetooth with the car set to surround sound and i sat back and steered the whole way down and back.

to ask a car to do so many different things, and for it to excel at all of them is pretty amazing to this SHO owner.

maybe crush will chime in, he we vacation together and he made the same drive in his 13 SHO.

-it seems that the ACC behaves the best on the "medium" gap set. long is to long, and short is to hard on the brakes. i also noticed some odd behavior on long sweeping curves to the right, the ACC would randomly panic brake, especially near a semi or bus.

I think that explained in the owners manual...

I also love this car for long rides...it makes my 2 hour rides home to Jersey from MD fly by vs the Mustang I used to do it in!