Ecoboost Owner Forums

F.... Windshield

I've found that Invisible Glass is the best cleaner I've used. If it were me, I think I would clean the windshield with Invisible Glass and a microfiber towel. Then clean it again, with a different towel, just to make sure you are not reapplying if there is something on the windshield. But I also think I would have the dealer check the pressure on the wiper arms, to make sure it is proper. But if the pressure is good, I would also replace the blades again, since if there is something on the windshield, it is now on the blades. So before replacing the blades, I would be sure to clean the window with a quality cleaner, like Invisible Glass, then try the new wipers. It sounds like they are using a generic cleaner, like Windex...which is good around the house, but not great for auto use. If you by chance got some oily road film on the windshield the Windex type cleaners are not going to get it off, and it may take a couple of cleanings with a good cleaner to completly remove it. Also once you do get the windshield clean,you could apply Rain-X, I really like rain-X, but that's a personal choice...some people love it, others hate it....if you use it take the time to buff it properly, then go over the windshield again with a damp towel, then one final dry one.

I went and bought some invisible glass from Walmart, microfiber towels, and new rain x latitude blades. I scrubbed fuck out of windshield. It looks better, I can hit my washer button and I see little hazing but it clears up fast. I need it to actually rain. One thing I noticed, when I sprayed the invisible and was wiping I could see exactly where my blades where hazing on windshield. It was like I was wiping over goo. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If you still have goo on the windshield, here's a trick I tell most people who buy a new scuba mask...since the mask glass is coated with release oils from the mold when it is made, I recommend wetting the glass, and then sprinkling a little Comet on the glass. Using your finger scrub the glass LIGHTLY with the comet...this will remove the oils...however very light press because you can scratch the glass. For the windshield, I would first wet it liberally, then have a damp sponge...but some Comet on the sponge and lightly scrub the windshield...I would suggest maybe only doing a third of the windshield at a time and then carefully and liberally rinse the scrubbed area and also make sure you use plenty of water to rinse any comet that may have gotten on the trim or paint with a lot of water....you don't want any Comet leave on the finish, it is a pain to get off if it dries and also it will scratch the finish. The secret is to make sure you have enough water on the windshield as a lubricant but not so much that the Comet can't cut through the gunk on the windshield. Good luck.

There's no way in hell I'm doing that.

I'll take it to the detail shop and tell them to fix the sob or replace my windshield LOL.

Invisible Glass and new blades is about extent of my involvement--anything that has chance of ruining the car paint/trim/windshield--I won't touch.

I've had the same problem, I found that clay bar-ing the windshield using invisible glass as the lubricant (instead of instant detailer) helps a bit for a little while. What seems to have helped the most was using rain-x window cleaner, and then doing the rain-x treatment. My blades still haze, but it's a lot better than before. Worth a try? Changing blades without doing anything to the windshield doesn't really help as whatever is causing this problem is most likely on the windshield itself.

I've found that Invisible Glass is the best cleaner I've used. If it were me' date=' I think I would clean the windshield with Invisible Glass and a microfiber towel. Then clean it again, with a different towel, just to make sure you are not reapplying if there is something on the windshield. But I also think I would have the dealer check the pressure on the wiper arms, to make sure it is proper. But if the pressure is good, I would also replace the blades again, since if there is something on the windshield, it is now on the blades. So before replacing the blades, I would be sure to clean the window with a quality cleaner, like Invisible Glass, then try the new wipers. It sounds like they are using a generic cleaner, like Windex...which is good around the house, but not great for auto use. If you by chance got some oily road film on the windshield the Windex type cleaners are not going to get it off, and it may take a couple of cleanings with a good cleaner to completly remove it. Also once you do get the windshield clean,you could apply Rain-X, I really like rain-X, but that's a personal choice...some people love it, others hate it....if you use it take the time to buff it properly, then go over the windshield again with a damp towel, then one final dry one.[/quote']

+1 on that -- A good cleaning is in order first. I'd bet that the glass isn't clean yet.

C.

I don't know if this will help -- here are some photos. The first two, I traced in red--this is where i have heavy marking and as you can tell the Invisible Glass spray didn't adhere to the window like all the other places. The last photo, I don't know if you can see it well--the whole f'n window is smeared. That's AFTER wiping off the Invisible Glass with a microfiber towel.

This detailer says he didn't do it, but for fuck sakes something is on there now. I'm going to another detailer today to see if they can help me.

I'm half tempted to sue this motherfucker for ruining my damn glass and nearly causing me to possibly have accident. Last night it WAS BAD trying to drive 50 miles home from Delaware in the pouring down rain we had--my blades were acting up.

Also; correct me if I'm wrong! If there was "NOTHING" on my window--rain would not bead right? I have water beading like a mofo on it--I thought that only happened when you had rain repellent or rain-x on the windshield.

window.1.jpg

window.1s.jpg

window.2.jpg

window.2s.jpg

window.3.jpg

I went to another shop who has a huge reputation with BMW and Mercedes out here. He toom steel wool to my windshield and found nothing. He doesn't think anything was on it but instead these possibilities. Too much pressure on blades Humidity or weather Me having AC on while it was raining He's been noticing it more common with cars lately. We tried to make it haze again and we can't with it 83 outside. He put a hose on window to simulate rain and I ran wipers with nothing, no hazing. Am I maybe being picky LOL? Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Perhaps that is what it is -- I figure if there was something on it -- steel wool should have taken it off or shown something.

He couldn't find any wax or anything on the windshield.

I am going to have Ford check the pressure of blades--make sure they are girnding into windshield.

I asked a detailing expert for some suggestions, and here they are: "Tar-X (gunk remover) is 100% safe on the windshield. Has he clayed and tried simply using a good stiff foam cutting pad and some Fixer, Meguiars M105 or any paint polish? That should rip everything off quick. You can do the whole windshield in two sections about 1 minute a piece." It IS a bit of work, but may bring you the results you desire.

I asked a detailing expert for some suggestions' date=' and here they are: "Tar-X (gunk remover) is 100% safe on the windshield. Has he clayed and tried simply using a good stiff foam cutting pad and some Fixer, Meguiars M105 or any paint polish? That should rip everything off quick. You can do the whole windshield in two sections about 1 minute a piece." It IS a bit of work, but may bring you the results you desire.[/quote']

He took a steel wool to it and some solution (don't know what it was).

I need it to rain again so I can test; if it doesn't, I'll try what you said--which means more scrubbing and a 4th set of blades in case something is on ones I have.

M105 is like wax stuff; you talking about buffing that with a buffer or using it and a like an SOS pad? What would that do to rest of my paint?

M105 is actually a polish, I would go with the finer grade M205 since it's gentler. Polishes are used to get rid of swirl marks etc. in the paint, like a sander on wood. You could try on a basic foam applicator pad (available at the auto chain stores or online) to begin with if you do not already have a buffer handy. Since you have highlighted the areas of concern, I would concentrate on those first. Put down a swirl of product onto the pad from the center out, like a thin bead, and gently flatten onto the pad (if doing by hand). And yes, I would definitely take care not to get the polish on the paint, just because it is an abrasive. Masking off the windshield would be a good idea, all the more so if you use a buffer (due to possibility of product sling). Wipe off with a microfiber towel with a short nap (not one of those luxurious ones). To really clean the surface afterwards, isopropyl alcohol does a great job. Easy to use those alcohol pads you get at the drugstore or Costco etc. HTH.

Thanks man.

It's raining and I went out; at first it was light hazing/streaking--instant disappearance. The more I drove the bigger it became; when I stopped I had blades on high and it was nothing but haze--it couldn't evaporate because the blades were on high. This was my problem the other day when it was pouring; the blades had to be on high and I drove with a foggy windshield (haze or whatever you want to call it).

She goes to Ford next week; I'm making them figure it out--not sure if maybe the blades have too much pressure on the arms thats causing this?

I know this is a stupid question' date=' but are you sure that the crap is not on the inside? Like fogging on your windshield? Try turning the defroster on high on the windshield.[/quote']

Not a stupid question; I did try that.

I put it on hot; 90F, and full blast defrost--didn't do a thing to the hazing.

I stuck my hand out window as blades went down and ran my finger across it and was able to mark up the hazing; so it is maybe on outside?

THE OTHER idea I head--could this be some weird ass reaction to the sound glass? It's a chunk of acrylic between two sheets of glass--maybe?

I'm pretty sure my 2012 Focus had a sound screen glass.

geswek, you have some kinda crap on your windshield. I have seen it happen with certain windshield blades (leaches from the rubber) and cleaners. Invisible glass is a good cleaner but it won't do what you need here, you need to get something like Zanio Clear View Polish (Adams has a good one too). Using a clay bar should also work. Once you have completely cleaned the glass then and only then apply the Rain X. I have had the exact same thing happen to me and I feel your pain. I love a clean car but I have to have my windshield crystal clear or it really bugs the hell out of me. I have stopped to clean off a bug if it's in my direct line of sight. Any coating due to the sound screen would be applied to the inside of the glass. I highly doubt they would do it to the out side. What I do to mine is once every other month I will use the Zanio Glass polish, ensure that it is completely off the car by rinsing off with a spray bottle of just water and a microfiber cloth. Then apply Rain X. Maintenance is just washing with your fave soap (I use Zanio car shampoo) and then Invisible Glass. On the note of Microfiber cloths, only use ones made specifically for glass. I have had them scratch or leach out stuff on the glass. I used a cheaper cloth on the inside of my windshield and man I could not get the freaking haze off the glass. In the end I had to re clean the glass several times to get it off. Good luck and let us know if it worked out for you!