Ecoboost Owner Forums

Map upgrade

Well what year is your car (so we know what MFT you have)? Also what is your current software version and what is the upgrade version they sent? If you want to provided your VIN (by PM) I can run an OASIS report and check to see what version your at and if it says you need an upgrade. You should be able to check on the SYNCMYRIDE.COM site too.

If it's the same one I got, I didn't bother with it. When I contacted the company that produces the update, with the following mistake: they list counties in Pennsylvania that are not Pennsylvania counties. I also asked it they were going to do a further update to correct the mistakes in the version they were offering at no cost....they never responded to my inquires...I also contacted Ford about they software company's failure to reply to my questions, was promised a response from Ford, and never heard from them....So to ask for 300 bucks for an update that is incorrect and when the company fails to respond to an inquiry...tells me I don't really need that update.

Running V3.22 Sync

2012 SHO

We havent seen a update for Sync since November. I dont use it much since it asks to many questions. For example when I want to exit and I say exit it has to ask again for a yes prompt. thats just the first example. the navigation is hard to use to. Why cant I say navigate to address toen and state and have it look it up. I find it easier to just to it manually. sync is not much good there ether. I spent 200. just wasn't expecting a app upgrade.

My mistake, I guess it was only 200, I was thinking it was 300 but either way, I didn't buy the first or second time because of failure of either the software company or Ford to offer an explanation for the mistakes in the upgrade, and if there were plans to correct them without additional cost....

THE BONE.....I logged into PTS and did a Sync check. States your are V3.2.2 and a upgrade to V3.2.5 is available:

In an effort to continually improve our SYNC® system, we are pleased to advise that you have a new software update available for immediate download. This new software will provide the following enhancements to your current SYNC® system:

- Bluetooth auto-connection improvement

- Media player reliability

- Voice Recognition improvements to recognize names entered with all CAPS

- Voice Recognition enhancements that will decrease the chance of calling the wrong person

- Add customer assistance phone number to Help prompts

Wish the Ford site worked for checking' date=' been trying all day. Syncmyride now links/redirects to support.ford.com which is a step in the right direction, but nothing works. At least you used to be able to tell if there was an update or what version you were running.[/quote']

Site works for me. They did redesign it from the last time I was on there.

Jason