Ecoboost Owner Forums

Spent way too long detailing the new SHO Today

It was pretty clean but not like I wanted it. Lots of road grim down the sides that just had to go. It was a lease so I'm sure it has never been waxed. I did the clay bar, Meg's paint cleaner, Meg's paint polish and the Meg's gold class carnauba wax and waxed all the glass. Yesterday I used black magic titanium wheel cleaner and turtle wax chrome wax. I still need to do up all the black plastic parts but that will be another day. null_zps38c6153e.jpgnull_zps083d7d58.jpgnull_zpse2827a3f.jpgnull_zps0d08c2d1.jpgnull_zpsf32b6b3d.jpgnull_zps129da45c.jpgnull_zps17d3d123.jpgnull_zpscd3ee4c1.jpgnull_zps127353d4.jpgnull_zpsfaa11212.jpgnull_zps6661899a.jpgnull_zpsb9b320c7.jpg

I enjoy doing it but even I was getting sick of it towards the end. It was mid to high 80's and humid yesterday. The good news is I shouldn't have to spend that much time in it for a long time. Now I can just maintain what I have going. I still have some water spots on the chrome trim around the windows that is being stubborn

While I'm not a big fan of Meguiar's stuff, it sounds like you did the detail right. The car looks great. I have found that Adam's Polishes stuff is a lot easier to use both putting on and removing. But you did a great job and the car looks good. Now grab yourself some Adam's Detail Spray, it works amazing at helping when drying the car and does a great job of maintaining that good look if you go over the car a few times a week with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. I'll have to give that a try. There are some on the windows to that didn't come out with wax.

Before you wax the windows, use the clay bar on them, The clay bar does an amazing job at cleaning windows, I think you'll be surprised at how much stuff the clay bar pulls off the window.

I've not waxed windows before. Will have to give a try. I clay barred mine this weekend and Yeo lots of crude. Any advice on waxing? I have Meg's spray and also liquid. Rub on with foam pad and microfiber off? Rotary polisher not needed I suspect. Appreciate hearing your experiences. Thanks. Dave

I enjoy doing it but even I was getting sick of it towards the end. It was mid to high 80's and humid yesterday. The good news is I shouldn't have to spend that much time in it for a long time. Now I can just maintain what I have going. I still have some water spots on the chrome trim around the windows that is being stubborn
Donkey could you tell me about the tires please. Those aren't stock I suspect. Appreciate it. Tanks /Dave

Dmorr1 - they aren't stock but a high performance all season tire. I had summer and winter tires on my last car so I wanted something that would be fun and grippy in the summer but yet still able to drive them in the winter.

Thanks. I'll have to give that a try. There are some on the windows to that didn't come out with wax.

Before you wax the windows, use the clay bar on them, The clay bar does an amazing job at cleaning windows, I think you'll be surprised at how much stuff the clay bar pulls off the window.

I just wax them by hand with a paste or liquid wax.

I prefer a paste wax, although I do use Adam's Buttery Wax which is a liquid, and I really don't have a good reason as to why I prefer paste. But the best applicators I have found for applying wax are Adam's Polishes applicators, they have a bunch of different ones for different uses. They are a tad expensive but, Man, they work great and are worth the money. I only use high quality microfiber towels for wax removal, seems to leave the finish looking super. I don't ever use a rotary polisher for wax, but I will use my DA polisher for applying sealant.

Almost forgot, I do like Lucas Oil Speed Wax, if the car is clean and I have already used Quick Detailer....it seems to bring out the shine and keep that just waxed look!