Ecoboost Owner Forums

No power windows

Got into car to head home tonight, stopped by MAC to get cash, pulled up to machine and attempted to roll down the drivers side widow...and nothing. The driver side door window controls do not work. Parked car and checked all other door controls and nothing. Can't roll any of the windows down using any of the door controls.

When I got home, I proceeded to check the fuses and all tested fine. Looks like I need to take the beast to the dealership to get checked out....you never realize how important windows that work are...how frustrating!

Okay not sure what's going on with the SHO...last night noticed none of the windows are working (checked relays and fuses) got up this morning to look into the situation, started the car and low and behold..solid engine light came on. Proceeded to run engine diagnostic and received this message..

Light Stays On: Indicates that the On Board Diagnostics System has detected a problem with the engine, transmission or an emission-related component or system. Light Blinking: Indicates that the On Board Diagnostics System has detected an engine misfire problem with the engine.

Service Engine Soon: Solid illumination after the engine is started indicates the On Board Diagnostics System (OBD-II) has detected a malfunction. Refer to On board diagnostics (OBD-II) in the Maintenance and Specifications chapter in the Owner's Guide. If the light is blinking, a gasoline engine misfire is occurring which could damage your catalytic converter. Drive in a moderate fashion (avoid heavy acceleration and deceleration) and contact your authorized dealer as soon as possible. See your Owner's Guide for additional information.

I test drove the car, noticed severe hesitation, and hard shifts..I must call the dealership and limp the car in for service...

Oh..Oh... You may have discovered Ford's new remedy for punishing those of us that have tunes... If you have a diagnostic tool - SCT Tuner, you can find out the code triggered. Will tell you which cylinder(s) are misfiring.

What year & how many miles are on your car? I got an infrequent misfire on #6 at about 35K mi. New plugs (updated # from my 2010) and everything was fine.

Do you have a tune in it? If not... you are home free. If you do, I would load back to stock & cycle the car on and off several times, the more the better. Ford supposedly can tell if ECM has been flashed, but not how many times. Simply draining the battery and having to use a charger can cause a re-flash.

Weird part is that you are having window issues as well as misfire. Not sure they are related. Do you have any other abnormal things going on with electrical system?

Most of the 2010's used a different plug # which has been updated by Ford. My plugs were the old # as Flex was built in Nov 09'. Understand the reason for update was plug issues in some vehicles.

My rear 3 (firewall side) were gaped at .035 which is spec... but front ones were slightly wider, especially #6. Not sure if this happened during run time, or if they were always like that.

Woke up this morning to take the SHO into the dealership. Upon starting the car still noticed the solid engine light still on..(was hoping the car repair fairy would sneak into garage and fix the SHO) and idling very rough. As I limped the car to the dealership (about 15 miles) noticed the engine light went out...hmmm did it fix itself? A mile later engine light back on and blinking this time with a message ODB FAILURE. With all this occurring, engine seems like it is not getting enough fuel and is on the verge of stalling.

As I get to the dealership the service manager goes out to check the engine and the computer readings. Car will not start! Plugs in the magical decoder and can't get any codes off the car.

After about an hour, service manager comes to talk. Here are the issues thus far.

1. (windows) bad fuse breaker must be replaced.

2. Computer failure, not managing Vehicle. No on board diagnostics (ODB)

The issues are as if there was an electrical surge thought the system.

So I leave the car at the dealership for service and am now driving a new ford focus...yippee, I hope the rest of the week goes better.

Should have got the 'SSS' protector like Bob and me:

That Sun Spot Surge protector has saved out butts many times over I'm sure.:RpS_thumbsup:

Easy hookup: goes between the Flamistran and the Cadidle....

All kidding asside ShoMan -- glad you've at least got the SHO in and scheduled to be fixed up. Would be nice to know what caused it tho. Keep us in the loop.

Cheers,

C.

Picked up the SHO this morning from the dealership to take care of the plethora of issues due to computer/electrical issues. Spoke with the service manager who told me the issue was a faulty/loose ground wire located at the fuse box under the hood. Loose/faulty ground wire causing shorts and blowing fuses and causing the computer to erase/reset entire system.

Drove the car to work and it seems strong and seems to be drinking the petrol by the gallon....ah good to have the beast back

Picked up the SHO this morning from the dealership to take care of the plethora of issues due to computer/electrical issues. Spoke with the service manager who told me the issue was a faulty/loose ground wire located at the fuse box under the hood. Loose/faulty ground wire causing shorts and blowing fuses and causing the computer to erase/reset entire system.

Drove the car to work and it seems strong and seems to be drinking the petrol by the gallon....ah good to have the beast back

Nasty little gremlin they found .... Another for the list of 'To watch out For'.

Thanks for the update.....

C.

Archived