Ecoboost Owner Forums

Turbo Oil Leak

Question for you all.. I was at RPM Motorsports today getting my H&R springs installed (great group of guys by the way) and they noticed that my right turbo was leaking oil.. I could smell oil burning for about a week, thought it was spilled oil from when i changed my oil lastweek. Has anyone else had this problem??? Taking it the stealership on Wednesday to get it looked at... Gonna restore to factory tune.. do u think theres too much boost going through it, or just a bad seal/gasket.. Running Livernois Stage 4+...

Thanks

It most likely is just a bad gasket on the return oil tube.

It's a known issue, and there is a TSB on it. I experienced the same problem and it was fixed under warranty and no issues since.

Mine was what I called the front turbo, but I think they referred to it as the "left" turbo.

Don't fret it, just re-tune to stock, take it in and get the TSB performed on it and you'll be all good to go :thumb:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

It most likely is just a bad gasket on the return oil tube.

It's a known issue, and there is a TSB on it. I experienced the same problem and it was fixed under warranty and no issues since.

Mine was what I called the front turbo, but I think they referred to it as the "left" turbo.

Don't fret it, just re-tune to stock, take it in and get the TSB performed on it and you'll be all good to go :thumb:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Mike,

Do you happen to know the TSB number for this problem?? I did a search and couldent find it... maybe i am just stupid tho.... hehehe

Thanks

Mike,

Do you happen to know the TSB number for this problem?? I did a search and couldent find it... maybe i am just stupid tho.... hehehe

Thanks

I thought it was on the TSB list / thread, but it doesn't look like it. Strange.

I gotta dig through my file for the dealer's receipt from when they did mine.

It might be tomorrow 'til when I re-post, but i know your request is pending.

BTW, it's Mike for the record (i edited your post cuz you had the wrong name, but that's ok)

Mike,, dude, I am Soooo sorry. I got u and crash crossed together... I feel like an idiot. Won't happen again. Yea, I looked through the tsb list and dident see it either, even crossed over the the darkside and searched on that forum...no joy there as well.. appreciate all your help. Again sorry to mix u 2 up... Won't happen again....

How's this for speed and efficiency.... I found my receipt and here you go:

EcoBoostTurboLeakTSB.jpg

The part I am keying in on reads "Return Oil Line PER SSM21759".

Not sure how exactly to read their codes or what have you, which is why I copied my receipt and posted it up here for you (and others who may need it).

Hope that is of some help!

• 2 weeks later...

Update

All right, Well the SHO has been at the stealership for a week now... Just got a update, Well they ordered a couple parts lastweek on Wednesday (a banjo sort of bolt, a nut, and a gasket), they arrived on friday, They were the wrong parts, so they re-ordered the correct parts, arrived on Monday.. Started the install today only to find out that the parts will not fix the problem, there seems to be a "non-serviceable" seal between and in the turbo that the SSM does not cover the parts for... So they ordered the new turbo today, should be in tomorrow..... Will keep you all updated....

• 4 weeks later...

Archived