Ecoboost Owner Forums

Hooter's Car Show, Downer's Grove, IL. 09/21/14

bpd1151

Been keeping a watchful eye on the weather forecast as the weekend approached, and although rain& strong storms are forecast for our area today, tomorrow looks like it will be phenomenal weather.

As such, I will be participating in what is being dubbed as the "End of Season" BIG GRAND CHAMPION car show event by/for Double K Productions.

It is being held tomorrow, Sunday, September 21st, 2014 @ Hooter's located in Downer's Grove, IL.

Registration begins at 9am, awards sometime between 3-4pm.

For any of you in/around the Chicagoland / suburban area there of, c'mon out to check out what is anticipated to be a great event with lots of outstanding car and bike displays from all walks, model years, etc. etc.

Hell, maybe some of you will be brave enough to even consider entering / participating.

Either way, just wanted to toss it out there, and maybe I'll see a few fellow SHO / Taurus / Ecoboost owners!

I do believe my pal Jeff, owner of HKMedia Chicago will be coming out with camera and new lenses in hand, so might be an opportune time to have a pic snapped off as well.

Ciao for now good people.

After spending the better part of Saturday detailing the car, Sunday attending the show, and then meeting up with Jeff and another one of his models named Megan, and then catching up on all the necessities of the home on Monday, I wanted to take a moment to post up the pictures and what not here.

Photos turned out nice. I took a few at the show myself, Jeff captured photos of Megan and our cars, then I decided to be a fool and take a couple pics of Jeff, while he was taking pictures of Megan. LOL.

Not too often one gets to see the man behind the lens in action.

Oh yea, took home an trophy for my class (2000 and up) and apparently the "Grand Champion" trophy was tabulated from all of the Hooter's shows throughout this calendar year.

The two people that won them (one for bikes, one for cars) had literally attended each and every (of 13 total) Hooter's shows. So hats off to them.

Anyhow..... here 'ya go:

DSC_0001_zps7c899eb7.jpg

DSC_0002_zps21030522.jpg

DSC_0003_zpse4c02fe4.jpg

DSC_0010_zpsc0b6c979.jpg

DSC_0012_zps064d1d69.jpg

DSC_0014_zps4afa1353.jpg

Hats off to all the girls form the Downers Grove Hooter's who were all very cordial, playful, jovial, and just all around accommodating. There were five of the 2014 Calendar Girls there signing autographs, posters, etc. but due to the volume of spectators and participants alike hoarding around them, I couldn't capture any of them.

~~Moving along, here's some shots Jeff captured of wonderfully talented and beautiful Megan who I found out, besides modeling privately, also works in marketing for both the Chicago Bears, and the Chicago Bulls. Very cool! Pics of Jeff's car, Megan, and my car as follows:

gfdgk_zpsfc62c6e2.jpg

IMG_8767_zps01038228.jpg

IMG_8770_zps66f3f6a1.jpg

IMG_8775_zps0ff5cb89.jpg

IMG_8783_zps571e1ec7.jpg

IMG_8787_zpse75eb9d6.jpg

IMG_8810_zpsdd4e5907.jpg

IMG_8830_zpsbcd9528a.jpg

IMG_8837_zpsc7308dcd.jpg

IMG_8856_zps50bd993e.jpg

IMG_8877_zps81305b75.jpg

IMG_8886_zpsbf7b03ca.jpg

IMG_8907_zps9dea8c5b.jpg

~~Finally, a few shots that I captured myself, after whipping out my own camera and capturing him in action. Rare photos of the man himself. Hahaha......

MyshotofJeff1of6_zps24af5226.jpg

MyShotofJeff2of6_zps499bd8df.jpg

MyShotofJeff3of6_zps2c62734c.jpg

MyShotofJeff4of6_zps0be31535.jpg

MyShotofJeff5of6_zpsfda0b15f.jpg

Notice the step ladder in one of those photos lurking in the background.

Poor Jeff. Megan towered over him, that he kept asking her to bend down repeatedly so he could obtain the shot he was looking for.

Finally, I spotted that step ladder way in the back of the loading dock, and grabbed it for him, suggesting he should wear some platforms himself for the next shoot.

Bwahahahahaha..... Hope y'all enjoyed the images. I had a blast.