Ecoboost Owner Forums

convince me

I'm buying a used car soon. 2011-14 range and I've narrowed things down to a few choices. Tell me why I should get a SHO or MKS instead of a Regal GS or Cadillac ATS. Reliabilty, mods, handling, comfort are all on the table. I don't have $60 grand to drop on an ATS V sport or this wouldn't be a discussion. I love the handling of the Regal GS and the seats are amazing. I love the power of the SHO but let's face it, it's a boat and doesn't handle all that great. Looking forward to your opinions.

I'm buying a used car soon. 2011-14 range and I've narrowed things down to a few choices. Tell me why I should get a SHO or MKS instead of a Regal GS or Cadillac ATS. Reliabilty' date=' mods, handling, comfort are all on the table. I don't have $60 grand to drop on an ATS V sport or this wouldn't be a discussion. I love the handling of the Regal GS and the seats are amazing. I love the power of the SHO but let's face it, it's a boat and doesn't handle all that great. Looking forward to your opinions.[/quote']

If it is modding that you have in mind that will automatically eliminate the GS. If you are looking for comfort and performance the SHO is top dog. If handling is your concern, then you can go with a slightly stickier tire and drop the car. It will handle MUCH better!

I was going to keep to myself but I have to put in my 2 Cents...

2011 SHO with PP, (25k Miles in 9 out of 10 Condition) for $24,850.00 Less Trade in:

$22,243.75 OUT THE DOOR Tax included

(4,500.00 Trade in on My 75K miles well worn "Beat up" Crown Vic Police, that I payed $6,300 for With 45K Miles)

First mod I did was the Power Stop Brake Kit $300.00 Plus a few hours labor (a must have the way I flog my stuff)

Next up was the H&R Springs $230.00 Plus the 40.00 Cam Bolts (that may or may not have been required)

(I hated the tall Stock Springs and the thing felt LIKE A BOAT, MUCH bigger than the Crown Vic it replaced)

K&N Cold Air Inlet 212.00 Delivered, Not happy with that purchase, NEEDS to be REPLACED

After that the Down Pipes and Exhaust, $1,445.00 Delivered THEN

Powder Coated the Wheels, Center Caps, Had them install the Springs, DP and Exhaust,

And it NEEDED NEW Ball Joints ALL THAT WORK FOR $1,000.00, THEN off to the Dyno

for a New Programmer and almost a week worth of Dyno Work 963.00 (yea they lost there *&%^%)

So Add it all UP Car Was:

$24,850.00 Plus the up grades $4,150.00 = $29,000.00 Total,

So lets Say 30,000.00 TOTAL

Current HP @ the Wheels 368 HP, and 424 FT LBS... Best Track Time of 4:... 12.687 @ 107.68

Next Year:... NEW CAI, Lower Temp Thermostat, 3Bar Map Sensor, and Lighter Wheels, (another 2Gs

SO low 12's Here we Come..

Handles like it is on Rails, AND NOW DOES NOT feel the the Stock Boat it was,

and Will smoke almost anything around Xcept a 2013 SHO (my new buddy) down the Road,

Make your own decision........Jim