Ecoboost Owner Forums

Finally the day has arrived...just found this

Okay...I am going to have to come up with some excuse why I need to get the SHO to the Body and Paint shop next month..

I just found this on the Web

[ATTACH=CONFIG]214[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]215[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]216[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]217[/ATTACH]

I want those wheels on the side view shot

the Body kit is made by Dura Flex is available NOW!! and retails for about $600.00 (DURAFLEXBODYKITS.com)

Looks like the aftermarket work is starting to come around.. :clap2::clap2::clap2::whoo::whoo::whoo:

post-44-142532292776_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292779_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292784_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292776_thumb.jpg

post-44-142532292784_thumb.jpg

Nice to see another after market company producing product for our line of our cars. :eyebrows:

The quoted price point seems pretty damn cheap. I would be double checking the quality personally. :nerd:

I know I paid about that same price just for my front lower chin spoiler alone.

Thanks for posting, I'm sure there may be some interested parties out there.

The shot of the rear valance looks odd to me. Anyone else? It looks from the pic alone that it is just somehow sitting on top of the stock piece, especially where it wraps around the sides?

Is it just me? :behindsofa:

Mike,

I agree...I have sent an inquiry about that and the side rails. Not sure if the side rail mounts below the plastic moulding or if it is removed. I will keep everyone posted

Yea, that rear valance look fishy, looks like it is for a double dual exhaust.. would look a little "off" with our single dual setup... other than that, it looks awesome!!!!

Yea' date=' that rear valance look fishy, looks like it is for a double dual exhaust.. would look a little "off" with our single dual setup... other than that, it looks awesome!!!![/b']

Yea, I thought it looked "fishy" myself.

The Taurus pictured in those links is a LIMITED, and not a SHO.

When I was looking at the entire kit for my car, I wasn't a big fan of the side rails or rear valance either (even though it did appear to be better than what is posted with this kit here).

It is/was the same set up as seen on Rick Bottom's "SHOx" Taurus SHO that went to SEMA a few years back.

Me personally, I wanted to retain the visual appearance of the "rake" from front to rear. I liked the upward angle it provided by installing just the front lower chin spoiler only.

To add the ENTIRE kit would have meant even more weight additions to this already heavy pig of car we drive.

Plus, who knows, look'n at those side rails (no matter which company one chooses) I would be inclined to think that excess dirt/debris and in my case, snow/ice, would be unintentionally collected up in there and inevitably that would lead to panel degradation/rust etc.

So my purchase of the lower front chin spoiler only was as well thought out as I possibly think it could've been.

I also find it funny that this whole body kit is cheaper than a Mobsteel grille' date=' lol.[/quote']

IKR? That's why if it was I who was purchasing this kit, I'd be HIGHLY suspicious of the overall quality at that given price point.

Just say'n. I mean who knows, stranger things have happened & maybe the kit could (stress on could) be entirely rock solid/sound.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

hello, i have the body kit for the SHO, I BOUGHT THE razzi one, the duraflex one i just wasnt sure of and basically its not gonna be a easy install at all on this or just a snap on bolt on, the back bumper is gonna need major modifying so get ready to spend some money, the kit around 600-700 thats not painted, then painte is around 400-800 and then cutiing and making the rear bumper is expensive, could be anywhwere from 200-800 just for the bumper, so trust me i just had a keep put on and yeah im mostly happy with it but still pissed that they made the kit for a reg taurus then a sho, and the bumper comes as a single opening exhaust not a double, dont go by the picture, i have been calling fighting arguing with them for about 2 years now to fix it and they never have, and also the 1open slot for the exhaust is cut open in the wrong spot for the shot so basically you have to cut a exhaust opening for both sides and if you want can fill in the other hole with fiberglass which will take dayssssssss to do and alot of money, so depends whatcha looking for and if money is a issue or not, and the side vents go over the sides, you have to open your doors and then put in the side vents and have to be very careful not to step on it which u dont wanna do and if you have poeople in your car alot its bound to happen and possiblly f......k it up for ya, i hope this kinda helps and updates ya as i had this and shopped around for 2 years and i have this kit on my car from razzi.com, thanks

good luck !!

Archived