Ecoboost Owner Forums

Hello Everyone

dubcitySHO

Salutations from PA! I just got my first ecoboost vehicle last Saturday, a 2012 Taurus SHO with 77k on the clock. I will upload some pics this weekend. I am definitely interested in getting it tuned, although I am totally of the fence between LMS and Unleashed. It seems there is no wrong answer from what I've read so far, but by all means chime in on this!

Looking forward to learning as much as I can about this platform, and if there are any good 'must read' threads, let me know so I'm not asking repetitive questions. Thanks all!

Thanks guys! I am kinda under the impression the previous owner was running a 3 bar tune, as I was under the hood last night and took notice the front bolt of the MAP sensor is M.I.A. at best, possibly having been snapped off at worst. I will be investigating more after work.

Does anyone know if LMS or Unleashed keeps records of say, VIN numbers or strategy codes of vehicles their software is installed on?

2010 MY had 2 bolts holding the intake MAP sensor down, later MYs (not sure exactly when, definitely by 2013) had only one.  Best guess is bean counters (?) ...  There are actually 2 MAP sensors on this engine, one on the pipe leading from the intercooler to the throttle body (you will see it just before the throttle body) which is actully a 3bar stock, and the other one on top of the intake manifold which is a 2bar stock.

post-299-0-48309700-1461323161_thumb.jpg

I am sure the vendors keep a list of the VINs, whether they will release the info to you is up to them (privacy policies).  Can't hurt to ask.

The deletion of the 2nd bolt did in fact occur during the 2012 production year.

It was simply a cost cutting measure.

There is a guide pin molded into the intake, where the 2nd bolt used to be/go.

There's really no harm in just securing with one. Seems silly from our perspective, but on FMC's end, 1 bolt times 'x' amount of units, add up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Be religious about changing fluids.

That would be my strongest suggestion. I am proof of that given all the power and torque I am, and have run, through my car over the years.

Other stuff will.creep up from time to time, so just post and ask. I'm confident between SHOdded & myself, or other members, we can get it answered, or point you in the right direction(s) at least.

Alright thank you! I know what I'm doing this weekend now. I have been reading the owners manual since I finished up at the office today. Photocopied the page with the bulb size table and put a copy in the glove compartment.

I imagine you get this LITERALLY everyday but, hot damn is your SHO awe-inspiring. Out of all the adjectives I can think of, awe-inspiring or perhaps mind-blowing.

Thank you. Besides having set platform records for both speed, and horspeower, my SHO has certainly garnered a wealth of attention over the years, along with being featured on TV, in print, and is routinely invited to exhibit at both major, national based events, as well as local venues.

It's fun, and there's a lengthy list of vendors, and individuals that I am truly grateful for having applied their talents and treasure to it. The "to thank" list is extensive.

Always a work in progress with more additions yet to be added. So as always..... stay tuned!

Edited by bpd1151