Ecoboost Owner Forums

2011 sho bumper removal?

I have tried searching on multiple websites and they usually tend to have a link directed to this forum. I need to remove the front bumper(cover) on my dads 2011 taurus sho to remove his drivers side headlight for a remove,reseal and re install. I keep finding links that a person(bpd) goes over the removal of the bumper,however all the links no longer work. And i cant find a how-to section on this forum that it might be in. Thanks for any info regarding removal of the front bumper.

Thanks bud thats what i was looking for! Couple questions

1) Where did you jack the car up at? Im assuming you put the jack stands at the pinch weld lifting point? I have a jack with a pinch weld adapter so thats not a big deal,however if i use the spot at the front(directly behind the front tires) to lift the car i dont have a clue where i would put the jack stand. I have owned nothing but trucks(ranger,f150 and f250),this is really my first car i have worked on so its all new to me. The subframe seems to move around on the rubber mount bushings alot.

2) in your how to,you say its almost a necessity to have a 2nd person help reattach the front bumper, its just myself doing this. Is this something i absolutely need another person for or would that just make life easier?

Thanks again!

I jacked it using the recommended points outlined in the owner's manual.

The stands can go on either side of where the jack is.

You can do the bumper reinstall yourself, but the suggestion of having a 2nd person is just to make life easier. Certainly not a necessity.

Also, I learned since writing that "How-To", that removing the entire wheel well liner, is also not necessary.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I jacked it using the recommended points outlined in the owner's manual.

The stands can go on either side of where the jack is.

You can do the bumper reinstall yourself, but the suggestion of having a 2nd person is just to make life easier. Certainly not a necessity.

Also, I learned since writing that "How-To", that removing the entire wheel well liner, is also not necessary.

Please explain about the wheel liner that you figured out. I rather do as little dis-assembly as possible,its suppose to be 92F tomorrow with high humidity lol.

I had mine off a couple times.  I didn't use jack stands and did it myself.  It's not very difficult. 

Did you drive the car onto ramps or did you do everything on the ground?

Just undo / remove the three or four screws along the front, outer edges, on either side of the car.

Doing so will allow the front bumper cover to disengage from the car, while leaving the wheel liners themselves, in place. Saves about another 10-15min per side.

Edited by bpd1151

Thanks guys,it was pretty easy,had the bumper off in 20mins or so. I did discover that my fathers bumper(2011) doesnt have the bolt on the inside lip of the cover. It uses a plastic Christmas tree. 

Its a harder job trying not to scratch anything than it is removing,we will see how its like putting it back on. Now i have run into another issue that i posted about thats not related to bumper removal. Its in the same section. Thanks again!